*insert Mr. Krabs laugh here*

Our story is about a man that many people know. A man who wanted to pursue art but was rejected. This is the story set in an alternate universe from ours. One far away but similar. This is “What if Hitler wasn’t rejected from art school?” Now sit back, relax and watch as my story unfolds.

A man with a dream to become an artist was accepted into the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna today. He goes by the name Adolf. Adolf was a young 18-year-old and was ecstatic that his dream was finally coming true. He packed his bags, filled only with necessities like clothing and pencils and went off to the place where his greatest ambition would be realized; to become an artist.

The campus was large, and the students were all gathered together in the front of the school waiting for it to open its gates. Aspiring artists from around the world come to learn and hone their artistic skills. Among the crowd of people, only one caught his eye. A woman named Eva Braun, an aspiring photographer who just happened to be walking by.

He fell head over heels for her. Though they were not in the same course he hoped that he would be able to see her again, for when they first crossed baths Adolf was bewitched and unable to say a word to the girl as she walked off to her class. Next time for sure, he would be able to greet her properly, right?

On his way to his new dormitory, he saw the girl again. This time he worked up the courage to walk up to her. The halted Eva looked into his eyes with a deep stare as if she was giving him her full attention. Adolf stuttered while he tried to introduce himself to the girl. She smiled and with a chuckle introduced herself first. He has fallen even further down this hole of love.

Years go by and the two have become close friends. They go to local coffee shops and discuss different art concepts and angles for images. Adolf was now scared of failure. What if she rejected him? It could make their current relationship awkward. He didn’t want to ruin it, but their final years were coming to a close and he knew he had to do something.

The graduation ceremony, class of 1910. They all gathered together for possibly the last time before they go pursue their dreams. As the people cleared out of the field only two were left. Gathering all of the courage he has built over these last four years he finally said, “I love you”. Eve's smile turned into a frown, and she looked down at the freshly cut blades of grass. “I'm sorry, I’ve always thought of you as a brother to me”
she walked off. Adolf looked up with his heartbroken face as to not shed any tears, but they came flowing down anyways. The one he admired from the start, the one he cared for, the one he improved for. Shes gone, not forgotten. How could he forget the one who showed him an even more colorful world than his brush could ever paint? They went their separate ways to pursue their fields of art to their hearts' content. Eve became a famous photographer and Adolf has only published one piece.

“A world full of colors". His prized possession. A painting of a beautiful sky and a field of freshly cut grass. In the center of the painting was a ray of light slowly fading out of the painting going further out into the sky, only he knows the true meaning of the painting, so he refuses to sell it. It hangs on the wall above the fireplace.

Sometimes, when he feels lonely, he stares at this painting. Then he remembers his art schooling days and smiles.