Carson Meets Cody Rhodes and Dusty Rhodes

1996

Carson: Daddy, where are we going?

Shawn: I want you to meet some kids your age. Some of the other wrestlers have their kids with them too.

I held my dad's hand as we kept walking. I saw a short boy with black hair and a big man with blonde hair. The big man spoke funny when he saw me and Daddy.

Dusty: Well, well. Is this the girl?

He had a lisp or something, I guess.

Shawn: This is my little girl, Carson. Carson, this is Dusty Rhodes. He's friends with Teddy and Brett's dad. And is this Cody?

The boy nodded his head.

Dusty: How old are you, sweetie?

Carson: Seven.

Dusty: My boy, Cody, is eleven. Maybe you two can become friends.

Carson: You talk funny.

He laughed and picked me up into his arms.

Dusty: That's what makes me different, little lady. You should see my old ring gear. Had yellow polka dots all over.

I laughed at him as he started tickling me. Daddy smiled at me.

Carson: I like Dusty, Daddy.

Shawn: That's good, baby. Cody, mind watching my little girl for a bit while I talk to your dad?

Cody: Okay.

Dusty set me down and patted my head gently.

Dusty: Gotta beautiful little girl, Shawn.

Daddy and Dusty walked down the hall a little while Cody stared at me.

Carson: What's wrong?

Cody: You're pretty.

He ran his fingers through my hair. He's weird.

Carson: You're a weirdo.

He just laughed.

Cody: I like you. Wanna be friends?

Carson: I guess. You seem okay.

Cody hugged me and I saw our dads smile down the hall. I looked at Cody and smiled. I guess having a friend in Dad's work wouldn't be so bad.