Chapter Three

Picture of Mila Hart above- Ashley Olsen

Logan's POV
"Daddy? You 'kay?" Mila asked from the back seat of my SUV.

"Yeah baby girl I'm fine. Daddy's just late for a meeting." I told her, taking a sharp right turn.

"Meeting?" Noah asks looking confused. "We go to meeting too?"

"No bud. You're gonna stay with Ms. Bennett while I go to the meeting." I say, referring to my receptionist.

I take another quick turn and am in the parking lot of my office building. I pull into my reserved spot and throw my car into park then turn it off.

"Ok guys we gotta go. Now I'm really late." I tell them, opening first Noah's door and taking him out and then walking to the other side of the car and doing to the same for Mila. I then walk to the back of the car and open the trunk.

After taking out the huge bag of toys, food and clothes that I had packed for the kids, we all started towards the front door. Noah held my hand tightly as he walked beside me, Mila doing to same on the other side.

I pull open the large front door and walk in, and am immediately greeted by the bottom floor receptionist, Amy Ducnane.

"Hey Logan!" She said, giving me a sickly sweet smile.

"I've asked you before, Ms. Ducnane, to call me Mr. Hart." I said, trying not to yell at her in front of the kids. She and I had hooked up a while back and she thinks we're together now.

She gives me another one of her horribly sweet smiles and says "Funny, you weren't saying that in-" I cut her off before she can finish her sentence.

"Ok nice seeing you." I say briskly, marching past her, kids in tow.

"Bye bye!" She called out after me.

I resist firing her on the spot, step onto the newly-arrived elevator with my kids and press the button for my office on the top floor.

------------------------

Hi! I'm sorry this took so long, I've been crazy busy with the end of the school year. Unfortunately I'm taking some summer classes so I won't really be slowing down. But I'll try to update more often. Please let me know if something in this chapter doesn't make sense with the others. Remember to vote and I would love to hear from any readers, so comment too!
~Aliza