Too Quiet (Max's PoV)

My name is Max Brown, my birthday is in less than a week. Normally I would be excited, but my dad, Beckett Brown, got married to a woman that lives half across the country, so instead of celebrating with friends and cake. I get to celebrate by being stuck in the car for hours and going to meet complete strangers! Sounds like fun right?
So we are moving (against my own free will) from Austin, Texas, to New York. Worst part is that my dad has terrible music taste. And I mean it's so bad it makes my ears bleed.
                                                                          🧣

I woke up to country music blasting from the car speakers, I jolt awake, looking sleepily outside the car window, a pitch black sky dotted with white specks stared down at me, I turned to look to my left, my dad, laser focused on the road while drinking Starbucks coffee absorbed my gaze.I looked at the radio tempted. 'Eh why not?'  I thought to myself, I reach over to the radio and turn it off.
I leaned against the door and closed my eyes to go to sleep again, I then felt a cold stare fall upon me.
I opened my eyes and glanced over to see my father glaring angrily at me, his bright blonde hair slicked back, and he wore his most expensive tailored suit probably to impress that new wife of his. 'Whatever I don't care, she'll be like the others. Over in less than a year.' 
Even if I though that, I knew by how he dressed up, and dressed me up, (again against my will) he really wanted this to last. And he seemed happy to move away too! As if my happiness didn't matter, as if my mother's grave in Austin, Texas, didn't matter.

I sighed leaning against the car door again. Thus time I don't close my eyes as I watchthe landscape fly past us.
I hear my dad fumbling with something, in less than a few seconds, I could hear the annoying music again.
I reached over to turn it off again but my dad smacked my hand away, "Maximus! Leave the radio alone, last time I checked i paid for this car, not you!" He scowled. I rolled my eyes, "Whatever," I mutter. He glances away from the road and looks me dead in the eyes.
"Max, back in my day-" I let out an exasperated sigh, "-my father would've left me on the side of the road I gave him that  attitude," He stated. I ignored his comment, "Well its 2023, get with the program," I grumbled.
"Max," My dad sighed, "Please behave yourself, I know you didn't want to move-" "But we're moving anyways," I intrupt. My dad ignores me and continues, "but please son, I'm doing this for you, for us. Don't you want a mother to love and care for you?" He asked a quaver in his voice.
My eyes study as I avoided my dad's gaze.
  "No," I respond shakily, "I don't want another mother."

  The rest of the car ride to New York was in silence, an occasional stop at a gas station, and sometimes a sneeze and a bless you.
But apart from that, it was silent as a tomb.