Chapter Twenty Five ㅡ Crumbling Down.

I know your eyes widened when you saw the update, enjoy :)

October.

A whole month had passed by.

A whole month had passed by since anyone last saw a malicious rumour about Minho. A whole month passed by since Stray Kids were last called for a talk with their manager, and a whole month passed by since the author updated Silent Cry.

It has been a crazy turn of events, from being the brand ambassadors of a luxury brand to announcing a new comeback scheduled for November. Though it had been an exhausting month, the members made sure to take adequate breaks (and that counts Minho having to pull Chan back from his laptop at 3 a.m. in the morning).

At present, Minho is in his room, preparing the necessary equipment for a live broadcast. It has been some time since he last engaged Stays, which has raised concerns among them. So, the manager advised him to take some time off and have an appropriate chat with them.

With a deep breath, Minho focused his gaze on his own reflection in the camera lens. His heart quickened its beat as he contemplated the upcoming live session. Though he was sure the rumours weren't around anymore, he knew that people wouldn't just ignore everything out of the blue. Minho knew people in his lives were ruder compared to Seungmin's or any other members. So he took a deep breath and finally pressed the red button.

'Hello, Stays!'' He greeted with a bright smile that gleamed on his face. ''It's been a while, hasn't it?''

Oh, look, it's the bully again 💀

MINHO BABYY YOU'RE ALRIGHT : " )

당신이 싫어요

i can't even believe a killer is roaming around free in our world 🤡

Minho's eyes instantly turn towards the comments, and he eyes some of them. Most of them were English, which wasn't his best language, but from the emojis, he could sense the comments weren't nice at all.

"I'm sorry if I've worried you guys, but I've been doing fine! We've been preparing for our upcoming comeback, which I'm sure you guys know of..."

He straightened his back, running his hand through his hair with a tired sigh.

Despite Minho's unwavering efforts to bridge the physical and emotional gap between them, his attempts were consistently met with futility. The once-affectionate relationship they shared had taken a drastic turn for the worse. It had reached a point where Seungmin had internalized the manager's caution to such an extent that he seemed emotionally distant.

Each passing day seemed to amplify the chasm between them. Minho found himself in a perplexing situation, where he felt like he had to invest an inordinate amount of emotional and physical energy, akin to paying a metaphorical "trillion dollars," just to earn a fleeting glance or a hint of affection from his boyfriend.

The emotional anguish had turned into physical torment, turning Minho's life with the intensity of a relentless storm. In an attempt to cope with the distress, he often found himself in the rigorous training routine, dedicating long hours to his work, pushing his talents to the brink of exhaustion. The motivation behind his ceaseless dedication was, oddly enough, the morning kiss he and Seungmin shared daily.

This single act of affection served as a beacon of hope, a precious reminder that their connection still retained some semblance of life. It was a small but significant ray of light in an otherwise bleak landscape of their relationship. Minho didn't know how long they were gonna continue this. What he did know, however, was that this self-imposed separation from Seungmin was slowly driving him to the brink of madness,