All Too Well(10 minute version)

All Too Well(10 minute version) - Taylor Swift

WC: 873

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You opened the door and I followed you in. I could feel the air on my skin, causing goosebumps. This place felt like home. I remember leaving my scarf in your sister's house. A scarf that you keep in your drawer to this day.

You were a very sweet person, and I always had wide eyes. We were driving on the highway, getting lost and singing. The orange and brown leaves were falling all over. It was like a picture or a puzzle. I can picture the memory so well.

I know there's nothing there anymore and the love is gone. I say I'm okay, but I don't think I'll ever be fine.

I close my eyes and picture it. We're driving in the small town's street. You were looking at me and almost blew the light. With the windows down, my hair blew too. I remember it so well.

We went through the photo album and you got so embarrassed. I see the photo of you in your old room. A small kid with glasses and a little twin-sized bed. Your mom is laughing as she says you used to be on the tee-ball team. You always told me about your past, cause you thought I was your future.

We were getting in the car and you threw the keys to me, with a keychain saying "Fuck the patriatchy". I always thought "Any time now, he's gonna say it's love" but you never did even when it was clearly love.

Not till our relationship was over. You felt it slowly disappearing and hated it. It had been 3 months. You wondered what had happened, but only after I had tried to tell you. I felt ashamed as you hugged my loveless body.

I know it's all gone now. And I can't do anything about it. If I don't remember you for long enough, I won't remember why I needed you in my life.

But I remember us in the kitchen in the middle of the night. We were laughing and dancing in the refrigerator light. We ran down the stairs, and somehow I was in the moment. We always felt like nobody needed to know. You kept me like no one could know, but I kept you like I needed to. We hoped and thought and promised to remember this forever.

Maybe the communication was off, or maybe I asked you for too much. Or maybe it was your fault that our glorious relationship fell apart. I remember you were scared. You called me again, but you just wanted to break me just like our promises. You were a liar when you needed to be honest. I'm so ruined as I lie on the ground, cause I remember too much.

Everyone says that things end in a good place, but I'm suffering in new ways when I think of you. You told me "maybe if we were closer in age this would be fine" and that broke my heart and I almost died. You had some idea of me that wasn't me. Was she never-needy? A jewel who reflects from you?

I was crying in a party bathroom and an actress asked me what happened. And I can only think of you. You're someone who made my dad laugh and drank your coffee like you were on a show. But my dad sat with me as I waited for you to come all night. All he said was "it's supposed to be fun when you're turning 21"

Time isn't moving faster, and I feel stuck in the memories. I want to be the person I used to be, but I can't find her. After all the times you made me yours. But I'm seeing stuff being mailed from you and I've been walking home alone. But I know you keep my scarf. It reminds you of me and the innocence. And something won't let you get rid of it. It's because you remember all the good times too.

But in my mind we're back to when I loved you. Back before you lost me, the thing you knew so well. It was something so rare. The wind blowing my hair, us running down the stairs. It was all so special. And I remember it so well.

I've never been good at telling jokes but the line "I'll get older, but your lovers stay my age" always gets through. Your style broke me and my body. I'm coming home from a war with only half myself. Did the spark we once had make you forget your love? Did the affair ruin you too? It's getting cold in the city. I see the snow fall, and it's much different from the leaves. But it shined, and I remember it all.

I remember it all too well. Tell me, did the affair ruin you? Do you remember it all? Cause I remember it. The wind in my hair, running down the stairs, our promises, I remember cause I was there. All of it was rare. The way my hair moved, the sound of the stairs, our voices as we swore to each other, it was all so special. And I remember it all too well.