Chapter 2

BoYoung walked around the eating hall, making sure the mourners had enough to eat, she looked across the room to see Yuri serving food along with several other women, her younger sister looked exhuasted, she had arrived in Korea at midnight two nights ago, she and MinHo would be returning back to America in a week. As the oldest male,MinHo was chief mourner, he was still in the memorial room . 

BoYoung sighed , she was tired the past two days she had barely slept, she just wanted to break down and sob in a corner, but she couldn't because of JongSuk, he had seen his parents being taken away in body bags and their family home being burned down. She needed to be strong for him, even if she didn't feel strong, she made sure he ate even when he didn't want to, she got him out of bed every morning for the past week even when she wanted to stay in bed herself. She looked around the eating room, realizing that she didn't see JongSuk in the room, he needed to eat , despite her efforts he had barely eaten breakfast, she went over to Yuri.

Her sister looked up when she approached, "Eunnie, are you okay what's wrong?" She asked .

"Have you seen JongSuk?"

Yuri shook her head, "Maybe he's in the mourning room with MinHo." She suggested, BoYoung headed over to the mourning room, MinHo was accepting people's sympathies, he seemed to sense someone looking at him and looked over locking eyes with his sister, as soon as the last person left the room, he headed over, 

"What's wrong." He asked 

"Have you seen JongSuk?" BoYoung asked

"Not recently maybe he's eating." MinHo suggested, BoYoung shook her head, "I was just over there."

" Noona, he's eighteen not eight he's probably around somewhere,try calling him." MinHo suggested

Line break

JongSuk felt like he was suffocating, he just wanted to be alone , in one night he had lost everything his home and his parents. He had been a surprise birth, Eomma hadn't even known she was pregnant until she was four months along. Eomma called him her miracle baby,they had always wanted four children,  but after years of trying they had given up , it had taken sixteen years before he was born. Several people stopped him as he walked by offering their sympathies and condolences,some even said they knew how he felt,he wanted to ask how, how did they know how he felt, did they know what it felt like to wake up every night from nightmares of watching body bags upon body bags being taken out of a burning house knowing that in those body bags were their parents, parents that you had breakfast with that morning , a mother who smiled and kissed you and sent you off to school , a father who told suggested that that weekend they could have a " boys weekend "just the two of you. Parents who went to every sports day and made homemade signs and homemade kimbap to share with the other families.

He turned a corner , he wasn't going anywhere in particular he just needed air, suddenly he heard what sounded like two men talking in an empty room he was going to ignore it, but one of the voices sounded familiar, he went closer and listened,the first voice sounded like Park KiJoon, his uncle, he was Appa's younger  brother and was also his business partner. 

"Are you certain there were no witnesses that night."KiJoon asked 

"I made sure , the CCTVs were down in that area " the second man said."But sir, what if there's an investigation,I'm sure the family will want to find out what happened."

"Don't worry about it as far as my nieces and nephews know the fire was a tragic accident, besides two of kids live overseas, the oldest daughter has her own apartment and job and the youngest is just a high school kid." 

JongSuk couldn't believe his ears, the fire probably wasn't an accident, he quietly pulled out his phone and started recording, the men continued talking, suddenly his phone started ringing, startled he dropped it, it clattered to the floor and he went to pick it up, a black wingtip shoe stepped on the phone and a hand reached down reaching for the phone . JongSuk slowly got to his feet, his uncle was holding his phone, he looked at JongSuk , smirking he tossed the phone to his secretary, "Delete whatever he recorded." He ordered.

JongSuk lunged forward reaching for his phone, "Give that back!" He demanded.

KiJoon grabbed JongSuk and slammed him against the wall, "Whatever you heard today, you better keep your mouth shut, or that lovely apartment your living in with your Noona will go up in flames or maybe her car's brakes will suddenly stop working and don't think you can tell your other two siblings either just because they're leaving, maybe one of their suitcases is filled  with drugs and they get arrested "

"You can't!" JongSuk protested , KiJoon sneered , "Then be a good little boy and just concentrate on studying." The secretary handed KiJoon the phone and he threw it on the ground in front of JongSuk, he knelt to pick it up,KiJoon crouched down and said "Remember not a word or you know what will happen." He stood up and reached down holding out his hand, JongSuk glared at him, but accepted his hand and he was pulled to his feet, KiJoon smiled  a cold cruel smile, he put his arm around his shoulder, "Let's get you back to the  family, I'm sure they're worried about you." 

Line break

BoYoung was getting worried, she had called JongSuk, but there was no answer, she was about to go look for him, when she saw him come in with Park KiJoon, she hurried over to him, "Where have you been? I was worried, why didn't you answer your phone?" She demanded.

JongSuk looked at her, "Mianhe,Noona, I was I just needed some air." He moved away from KiJoon and went to stand next to his sister.

"Don't be too hard on the kid, I'm sure he didn't mean to make you worry." KiJoon said, "Today's a hard day for all of you, don't forget your father was my friend too."

" I understand, thank you ." BoYoung said, she turned to JongSuk and said "You should come eat, you barely ate breakfast." She linked her arm through his leading the way to the eating room. 

His uncle's threats rang through JongSuk's head as he watched his siblings eat , MinHo looked up noticing he wasn't eating

"Are you all right, you're barely eating." He asked that got Yuri and BoYoung's attention.

"You look pale. Do you want to lie down somewhere." BoYoung said worried,

"I'm fine," he shook his head and ate a spoonful of rice so they wouldn't worry he forced himself to chew it even though he didn't want to,he was worried Eomma and Appa were probably murdered, but he couldn't even tell anyone.