Chapter 3.

Pretty lips parted apart to let out a puff of smoke. Jeongguk sighed, wrapping his lips around the cancer sticks once again before he let out another air of wondrous patterns; watching as the fumes danced around together before they dissipated into thin air. He leaned his head on the brick wall behind him before looking over at his smoking buddy.

"Hyung." He called out

His black hair gleamed under the fragmented sunlight as he brushed his hair through them before dropping the cigarette on the ground and trampling on it. He watched the flame die down,  finding satisfaction at the sight.

"What?" Yoongi asked in wonder after a moment. He followed the younger's actions as he too dropped his cigarette stick on the ground. He looked over at the raven head, scoffing at the lack of response he got from the other.

"Yah-"

"The new kid... " The younger started, cutting off the older who shook his head at the action and nonetheless decided to keep shut. Jeongguk squinted his eyes as if it would help him get a clearer view of the situation and guide him to the reason for his discomfort. In short, the key to his confusion.

"He irks me off for some reason," Jeongguk trailed off, searching his brain for the correct words. "He's too sweet... " The younger stated, mind travelling back to the short encounter he had with the aforementioned male. Yoongi raised his eyebrows in a gesture, urging the raven head to continue.

~Flashback~

Jeongguk walked down the bustling hallways of the university. He was texting his mother. With a caramel frappuccino in hand, he made his way over to his next class. However, since he was so absorbed in his mobile phone he failed to notice the presence of a lean figure standing in front of him. This resulted in him knocking over the person as the caramel frappuccino found space on top of the person's head, drenching him from head to toe.

Oh. Shit. Jeongguk would've laughed at the state of the dude if he could. The guy's blonde hair was now dripping wet as he continued rubbing his eyes and for a moment the raven-head believed the male was going to cry. His torso was drenched in a mixture of frappe and sweat, as the drink had managed to stain his white shirt. This resulted in his shirt sticking to his waist.

'Did he seriously have to wear white?'

"Oh, I-I'm so sorry-" Jeongguk said quickly his words coming out in a stutter as he forced himself to not laugh. 'The fuck is wrong with you?  This guy looks as if he's going to cry! Don't be so insensitive.' He mentally scolded himself before dropping to his knees to help the guy up. The guy only shook his head and to Jeongguk's surprise started laughing. The raven head stared at the male as he laughed with wide eyes. "Oh- I'm so sorry, I ruined your white shirt!" Jeongguk kept on jumbling up his words which was a huge surprise, for the raven head was known to be a bold person.

"I'd like to compensate for it." He said once the male stopped laughing. "No no! It's completely okay!" He said with a smile gracing his lips. "Don't worry about my shirt! Even though it's my favourite... " The blonde trailed off, his lips jutting out into a small pout and Jeongguk had to muster up all of his inner nerves to not grimace at the sight. "Are you okay though?" 'Cheese Stick' as Jeongguk liked to call him, asked with a soft smile.

"Huh?" That was all Jeongguk could say at the moment.

"You bumped into me, right?  I was asking if you were hurt or not." The blonde explained, the smile glued onto his face.

"O-Of course, I'm fine," Jeongguk mumbled taken aback by the male who once again grinned at him. "Great!" He exclaimed, "Then I'm fine too!" He stated, "I'm Kanghyun. Lee Kanghyun." Kanghyun held his hand out for Jeongguk to shake who stared at him dumbfounded not even moving a muscle to return the gesture. Kanghyun chuckled, "Oh you are too funny Jeongguk-ssi." He commented retracting his outstretched hand.