chapter 1 ~ it all changed

The snow flakes lightly hiting my window was the first thing I heard that morning. As my eyes decided they were in need of opening, I awoke from my peaceful rest. I layed in my bed for a few more moments watching as the snowflakes hit my window and slowly melt & drift away from my window.

I then got up from my warm, comfy bed to the cold, freezing air that surrounded my room, my body instantly receiving chills from head to toe from the sudden change in temperature.

I regret waking up. I was tired of everything, done with everything. I couldn't take it anymore. my life was anything but perfect. I wish there could be a day where I could wake up and have a real smile on my face like I use to... Before my happiness was gone.

~

Remember how in your childhood you could never be happier not a worry in mind, remember how the most painful thing was scraping your knee from running so much, how playing all day would be the best days ever & how you never had to put up those fake smiles everyone wear now a days, But for some reason you always wanted to grow up & be a teen. Be cool.

Oh how I regret wanting to grow up so much, if I only knew what awaited me.

I remember my perfect little family. My father, mother, brother Derek & of course me jade the baby, the little princess. The small memories I carry of true happiness I once had in my life, I was around six & Derek was nine. In All honesty my family seemed perfect, from Saturday morning cartoons to chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Stroles in the park were my favorite seeing my parents so in love was heart filling for me even if I was only six seeing them walk hand in hand as they had the biggest smile on there faces, while Derek & I were chasing after eachother were just blissful moments.

That I can NEVER get back.

~

Now I'm sixteen. Want to know something, my life is a living hell. Under these pounds of foundation I am forced to use to cover up my face full of bruise & scars. Oh wait I can explain...

Remember how I said I had the perfect family & my parents were so in love, well apparently I was wrong. What can I say I was six, not the best judge at the time. Any ways so I guess my mother fell for another man, wow he must have really been something for her to just to get up and just leave her family, and her children. Well not exactly.

My mother or shall I say that lady was planning to take me & Derek along with here and her new.. Uh man. But then my dad came along, from what I heard behind my door was yelling, cussing , and as well as cries. I joined in on the crying, let me say I don't think there was any way possible to cry any louder, my brother dereks arms were completely wrapped around me trying to comfort me, it wasn't working. Then suddenly all I recall is my dad bursting in my pink room & dragging me and Derek out of the house, past my mom crying trying to get a hold of us.

Well that was the last time I saw

her.

My dad some how managed to get us out of the state. We moved into a plain, cold house. Unknown to anyone or anything. This was crazy, how did my life change in an instant? Oh are you still confuses on the abuse part. Well since my dad found out above the lady cheating on him, he became depressed only having me and Derek around, and well he became an alcoholic. I think you can take a guess from there.