Dreams and Adventures

Set one year before ALPHA SQUAD

I own all of the characters but I do not own Pokémon or Mew. Clemont is mentioned. I do not own him.

This is a companion one shot to Alpha Squad Evolution
_________________________________________

I remember the exact time at which I find out about my parent's research.

I had just hit thirteen years old. The birthday excitement was beginning to wear off.

The Tyrunt fossil I had gotten had been restored by my mobile fossil restorer that my dad had built for me, and I had spent the better half of the past month smothering him in all kinds of snacks, blankets and everything else I could think of.

I was just playing fetch with him when I heard the quiet explosions.

I peeked out the window and was met with the sight of Lumiose Tower, peering over the city with its watchful eye. I saw the gym symbol had lit up. A battle was going on now. I grinned. The battles in the Kalos circuit were televised to everyone with the Kalos Battle subscription.

I switched on the TV and switched to the battle. Luxray versus Goodra, Heliolisk versus Hawlucha, Quilladin versus Magneton, the battle raged. The challenger was a young man, a little older than me. Sixteen maybe? I had seen him around some of the battle circuits. A month back, they'd televised his battle with Viola. Since then, I followed Calem's battle career. He was new but nearly every battle circuit analyst had described him as a prodigy. Personally, I thought that a prodigy wouldn't had a brown man purse over a blue jacket but hey, to each his own.

A barrage of Pin Missiles fired from the back of Quilladin's back, slamming right into Luxray like artillery fire when the TV powered down. The lights switched off too.

Ugh. Not again.

I raced downstairs.

"<Dad! Did you blow out the power again?>" Translated from Kalosian. French for all you normies.

A cry came back:

"<Sorry!>"

I peeked into his lab. He was tinkering with some sort of device.

"<What's that?>"

He looked over at me and smiled.

"<It's a device to detect powerful psychic type Pokemon.>"

I frowned. Psychic?

"<Why Psychic? Don't we study ancient and fossil Pokemon?>"

I smiled knowingly, "<Ah this one is special! It is an old legend that has been passed down for ages in the Kanto region. Recently it was confirmed true. The existence of the ancestor of all earthly Pokemon, Mew.>"

"<Woah! The ancestor of all Pokemon?>"

"<Yep! This device was calibrated to detect its unique signature, but it used up too much power and cut the power in here. I'll need to get to the fuse box before I can try anything like that again.>"

"<But how did you get its unique signature if it only just got confirmed?>"

"<An old scientist from Cinnabar Island of the coast of the Kanto region called Blaine released a paper called the Mewtwo project, where he and some other scientists had obtained a sample of Mew and used to create a new Pokemon called Mewtwo.>"

"<He created a new Pokemon?>"

Dad nodded. He turned back to his work, and I realized he didn't want to be disturbed. No matter.

Mew...

The first Pokemon!

Hmmm...

Dad wanted to find it huh?

Well, how about I find it first!

I turned to Tyrunt.

"<We won't need any device! We'll become so strong on our own that we'll find it and catch it!>"

I turned to Lumiose Tower and remembered that cheesy slogan everyone from Kalos knew.

We all lived by it, and for me, it had just come true!

Kalos! Where dreams and adventures begin!