First Chapter

People have always believed in many different ways in which people die from science to religion to just bad luck but the actual truth is that there's a society called the Shi no shakai [Death society] in which the shinigamis[Reapers/Death gods] stay and these are the people who come to take the lives of humans as suited them and these shinigamis are usually made from humans who died without ever loving or caring about anyone so they won't ever feel or get attached to any human they're meant to kill and believe it or not, we are ranked according to our professionalism and secrecy and yes I said we; my name is Ezra Klaus and I died when I was just 17 years old, I didn't care about anything so as such I was taken to the the Shi no shakai[Death society] where I became a shinigami and started ending people in their due time. I was ranked number 3 of the shinigamis but that was about to change because I just beat No. 1 and 2 at the ranking competition of this year, not long after they announced me shinigami No. 1 a report came in that two shinigamis have been found in a frozen state because shinigamis can't die per say instead if a shinigami should defeat another shinigami he\she would stay frozen for at least 100 days depending on the gravity of the attack well except the top 3 which have the ability to kill shinigamis.