Chapter One (A Day in the Life of Ramona)

I glanced at the sleeping monster beside me. The plains and ridges on his stomach are tempting to touch but I know the consequences I'll face if I step out of the line. Well, that was a good one. As expected from the mafia king himself, Michael Marchetti. I proceeded to retrieve my clothes and get dressed before he wakes up or he'd have his men drag me out of his room and that's just humiliating.

I went out of his playroom, that's what they call the room where they sleep with their women here. Nicolai Marchetti has one too and unlike Michael, Nicolai regularly brings home different girls. Disgusting.

I slowed down on my tracks as I spotted a blonde lady sitting at the ivory and gold themed chaise lounge in the Marchetti living room.

"Who is that?" I asked a man clad in all black guarding at the end of the stairs.

"That's Cassandra Lorien, the girl whose scooter smashed into Master Michael's car. She's here to pay for her debt, I believe, Miss Ramona," he answered respectfully.

I glanced at her and continued on my way.

"Goodbye, Miss Fiore," the maids standing by bowed as I passed them by and I nodded in return.

A black Mercedes-Benz S-Class Guard pulled over at the end of an elevated veranda made me stop on my tracks.

Nicolai Marchetti, at six-foot five inches tall towered over most of his men as he emerged from his ride. His hair is tousled, probably caused by the woman clinging to his arm. His plain white shirt did a poor job of hiding his toned chest. And his eyes, the other side gray and the other one hinting the brightest of ocean blue are his greatest assets. He is gifted with breathtaking features and he knows it.

He cocked his head to the side as I came to his view.

"Amethyst. My, my. Did you come here to join us?" he arrogantly asked and pulled his flavor of the day closer to him. What a narcissist.

"I'm afraid not, Master Marchetti. In fact, I'm just leaving," I answered stoically.

"Ah, of course. You only ever spread your legs for my cousin. Good for him," he scoffed and entered the mansion with his woman.

I rolled my eyes and walked down another flight of stairs towards my car. It's time to get home after serving the Marchettis the whole night.

Our house isn't humble but it's nothing compared to the Marchetti Mansion. It's just me and my dad living together with our house staff.

"Welcome back, young Miss Ramona," Vivian, our head maid greeted as I entered our house.

"Your father and his guest are in the dining room. Would you like to join them for breakfast?" she asked as she took my jacket from my hands.

I frowned. A guest? This early in the morning?

I nodded and went to get changed in my room. I descended to our dining room as soon as I finished freshening up and found my dad sharing a meal with a guy.

"Good morning, Dad," I hugged him before sitting on my own chair. The guy stared at me with unmasked interest which I found annoying.

"Would you care to introduce our guest, Dad?" I turned to my Dad and the guy scoffed.

"I'll introduce myself, sister," he said which made me frown.

"My name is Diego Alessandro Fernandez. Reigna Fernandez and Eleazar Fiore's one and only son. Your father's prodigal son and the real heir to all these," the bastard declared. I glanced at my Dad and he looked at his plate, refusing to meet my gaze.

I blankly looked back at Diego.

"You're not a Fiore," I stated.

"You're just a girl and a brat at that, princess. I presume you're spoiled too," he mocked.

I tilted my head to the side.

"He will stay here. I'll teach him the ropes inside our businesses, Ramona. But you will remain as my heir while he will work under you," my Dad discussed in finality.

"That's preposterous! I'm the first born son. I must be heir and I will not work under your pampered daughter," Diego sputtered more of his heir nonsense. If only he knew that our businesses are mostly just a front to the Marchetti's underground operations.

"Then you better this house if you don't take my conditions," Dad gravely told him.

"No, you listen you idiot—" his rambling died in his mouth as my knife whizzed centimeters away from his face and landed on the wall behind him.

"Do you think our family is stupid and cheap?" I slowly asked while he sat stunned.

"We will be the ones laying the terms and you, bastard child will follow those if you want to enjoy the privileges you are so excited to exploit. You will not raise your voice when talking to me or my father, or you will face my wrath," I continued and started eating my breakfast.

The guy exhaled shakily and stood from his seat.

"Sit down, young man. You explicitly stressed out your point of joining this family but you shake at the slightest show of power. That is your half sister Ramona Amethyst Fiore, my daughter with my late wife Rosalind Sapphire Fiore, and my sole heir. She was not pampered and most definitely not spoiled," Dad motioned him to sit down and he obeyed half-heartedly.

"Well? Is there anything you wanted to say? You were talkative just a while ago," Dad said which made me scoff.

"I believe I deserve the same treatment your daughter enjoys in this family. What can she do that I can't? Someday she'll marry some random business partner and your bloodline dies with her. And she's violent...Dad. No one will willingly want to marry her," he nervously glanced at me after making his point.

I lazily stared back at him but I sensed an unordinary movement behind me, stilling me in place.

"I have to get going, Dad," I looked at him and got up from my seat.

"Already? Are they making it hard for you? I can always tell–"

"No, it's fine. Thanks, Dad," I walked fast towards my bedroom, unclasping the dagger strapped on my thigh.

I entered my room on high alert only to find Miles lying on my bed.

"Ah, you're really sharp and fast," she commented as I crossed my arms. She's still wearing her boots and she's on my bed.

"Get your filthy boots off my bed, Miles," I commanded and she hissed in irritation.

"Fine, I sent you a location. It's a two-hour drive from here. They're the ones responsible for the death of Genevive Hillton," she informed but I kept looking at her for further information.

"Genevive, Master Nicolai's old flame who was shot in her home," she further explained and I nodded slowly.

"Master Nicolai instructed us not to spare anyone. She must be a good fuck for him to hold such grudge," Miles commented and I shrugged.

We trudged down the stairs from my room and saw Vivian talking to Diego.

Diego attempted to grab my arm as I walked past him but I dodged him and grabbed his hand instead, twisting his arm in the process.

"Ahh!" he shrieked.

"Oh my. Who is he? He shrieks like a girl," Miles mused as we watched Diego cradling his "hurt" arm.

"Why are you so violent, woman?" he gasped.

"You should have learned that this morning at breakfast. Do not attempt to grab me next time," I coldly answered him and walked towards the doors.

"Oh one more thing," I stopped just before going out.

"Don't be stupid and know who you're up against next time."