1. And Then He Was Gone

Vilgax, the infamous nemesis of Ben Tennyson, emerged from the intricate tapestry of diverging timelines. His eyes glowed with a sinister gleam, for he had traversed the boundless corridors of time and space, returning armed with a device of devastating power, a weapon forged with malevolence to ensure Ben's final demise. At his side stood Albedo, a brilliant yet twisted mind, their alliance cemented in the pursuit of a singular goal: obliterating Ben Tennyson from existence.

They made their way to Earth where they were able to lure Ben out by causing trouble. Vilgax unleashed the weapon upon Ben. A surge of otherworldly energy enveloped the young hero, contorting his form in ways that defied the laws of nature. His body seemed to warp and twist, a kaleidoscope of agony, until, with a final, blinding flash, he vanished, leaving behind only a chilling echo of his presence.

Time blurred into an uncertain expanse, and in that nebulous void, Ben awakened, his consciousness slowly knitting back together like fractured shards of a forgotten dream. A sterile, unfamiliar environment surrounded him--a hospital, its antiseptic scent clinging to the air. He felt the jarring dissonance between his fragmented memories and the sterile reality that greeted him.

His voice, roughened by uncertainty, quivered in the empty room. "Where am I? What happened?" he murmured, his words echoing in the hollow silence of his confusion.

A nurse, her face etched with both concern and curiosity, entered the room. "You're in the Hospital," she said, her voice soft and comforting. "You were found unconscious, Mr. Tennyson. We didn't know if you would ever wake up."

"But..." Ben's brows furrowed in profound confusion. "I was in Bellwood. Abeldo...Vilgax... they..." His voice trailed off, lost in his own bewilderment.

As fragments of realization seeped into his consciousness, Ben's eyes widened with profound horror. "No," he whispered, the weight of the truth settling upon him like an insurmountable burden. "I'm not in Bellwood anymore, am I?"

The nurse's sympathetic gaze met his, "Bellwood...I'm afraid I never heard of such a place. Where is it located?" Ben was stunned, he reluctantly answered, "Pennsylvania, Bellwood Pennsylvania."

The nurse gave him a confused look before excusing herself. Ben was left alone for what felt like forever. The nurse came back, she told Ben something he was fearfully suspecting. "There is no record of a Bellwood in the United States...or the world," she sighed. "We did a background check on you, Mr Tennyson. It seems as if there is no record of you...well...existing."

A shiver crawled down Ben's spine as he contemplated the magnitude of his situation. He was an outsider. The enormity of the challenges that lay ahead hung heavily in the air, leaving him with a daunting realization--he was utterly and irrevocably alone.

Bathed in the sterile glow of the hospital room, Ben's eyes, clouded with confusion, met the nurse's gaze. "What state am I in?" he inquired, his voice laced with uncertainty.

"Jesus, you really did lose your memories, huh?" The nurse's response held a mix of surprise and sympathy. "Well, Mr. Tennyson, you're in Illinois. Chicago, Illinois."

Ben's mind struggled to absorb this revelation, and he rose from the hospital bed, clad in nothing but a thin gown that failed to provide comfort or clarity. "Where are my clothes?" he asked, his voice echoing in the empty room.

The nurse gestured towards a neatly folded pile of garments on a nearby table. "There," she said, her tone gentle. Ben nodded his thanks, his gratitude brief, overshadowed by the whirlwind of confusion that enveloped him.

"I will be taking my leave now," he declared to the nurse, his determination momentarily faltering. "Wait," he added hastily. "Do I have to pay for the hospital bill?"