Cleopatrics [9]

Zack:

Zack turned and looked at the clock.

5:04 a.m.

He then looked at Ollie, who was now asleep. He smiled and pulled out his phone, checking for any messages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mom4:56 a.m.

Delilah got sick again. She was asking for you. I know you had to help Oliver with something, but please try to come home soon.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zack's eyes widened. "Dammit." He carefully pushed Ollie off of him and stood up. Zack climbed out the window and ran to his car.

Why did she have to get this sick..?

Zack shoved the key into the car and quickly drove home.

---

Zack arrived home, climbed out of the car, and ran inside. "Ma?"

Lucille poked her head around the corner of the hallway. "Hey hun. Keep your voice down, please. I just got Delilah to sleep."

Zack let out a sigh of relief. "Okay.. sorry. Is she- um... any better?"

Zack's mom walked over. "Let's hope so. Her temp is a bit better. Now, get your shoes off. I wanna show you something." She smiled.

Zack looked at his mother with a confused expression. "Okay..?" He slipped off his shoes and followed her down the hallway.

Lucille led Zack to the dining room, where a peice of paper was layed on the table. She picked it up and handed it to Zack, smiling.

"What's this?" Zack asked as he took the paper.

Lucille smiled. "Delilah drew it."

Zack looked down at the paper and smiled. "Aw.."

Zack's mother nodded. "Isn't she great?" Her smile slowly faded. "I just hope she doesn't have to deal with this for much longer.."

Zack looked at his mom. "Hey, it'll be fine. You said she's showing signs of improveme-"

"Zack, that was a month ago. You know what else I said? That she should've gotten better within the next 2 weeks after that. How'd that work out??" Lucille shook her head. "I'm sorry- it's just that she shouldn't go through this."

Zack nodded. "It's fine. I'm helping you pay for the medicine. We got this." He smiled

Lucille looked at her son. She stepped forward and hugged him tightly. "Thank you."

Zack's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh- I-" He smiled. "It's not a problem."