Chapter 2: Hurt

GETOU'S POV:

     I have my reasons. I left Saturo that day in high school because it was the best decision I could've come up with to stop us from continuing that kind of relationship. But when I saw him today in the English lecture hall, I was truly awestruck. He's taller. He's always been a little taller than me. He wore a pair of dark blue jeans and a very light blue sweater. His blue eyes stared down deeply into my raven coloured ones. I know I didn't show it, but my heart was hammer against my chest. I was more nervous than I looked.
     When I heard the voices of students approaching us, I stopped myself from saying anything more and walked over to a seat a few rows behind Satoru. He even managed to look handsome from behind. A couple of girls who sat in my row noticed that, too. I don't know why, but the thought of them looking at Satoru like that made my blood boil with a weird feeling I've never specifically had before.
     "Oh, my God, who is that guy with the white hair?" One of the girls said with a small giggle as she pointed to Satoru. "I have no idea, but wow! He'd probably be such a good boyfriend." The other replied, a giddy smile spread across her lips. Ew. I mean, that's Gojo Saturo. He's the biggest dork out there. They don't even know him, and their just coming up with a conclusion that he'd be a good boyfriend? Disgusting.
     During the lecture, I happened to accidentally take a few glances in Saturo's direction. I wish I knew what he was thinking to himself, right now. Probably something like, "That jerk is back to make my life hell again." Or "Why did he have to take English?" Because I won't lie when I say that I was happy to see him once again. A smile curled around my lips as I watched him sit in front of me, his body clearly tense.
     After the lecture was over, everyone began to pack up their things and leave. I watched Satoru quickly pack his, like he was in a rush to leave. I wasn't so sure if he was in a rush or he just wanted to get out of here, because I know for a fact I want to leave now. When I finish packing up, I swing my backpack over my shoulder and head towards the door. "Suguru." I heard a voice call. Satoru's voice. I stopped in my tracks and slowly turned to face him. He looked at me like he was holding back his words. Something I know all too well. "Yes, Satoru?" I replied back, maintaining the nerve-wracking feeling in my gut. He hesitated. "Never mind..." He looked down, the expression on his face saying everything. His voice was quiet but quiet enough for me, and me only, to hear. "C'mon, now, Satoru. I know you have something to say." I wasn't sure why I was insisting to know so badly, it wasn't any of my business anymore. He looked at me, his expressions so obviously readable. "I'm not obligated to tell you anything I don't want to say." My face dropped. The cocky expression I had vanished as I heard his words. "Don't you think you're being too harsh?" I tilted my head, a firm look on my face as I watched his do the same. "Don't you think you were too harsh?" His words hit me harder than I thought. I couldn't help but feel slightly ashamed. "That was years ago. You know that." I replied, but I wish I didn't. "But does that make your words any less true?" His eyes were sharp, stuck on mine. I can hear the hurt in his tone. I don't know how to reply. I look back up into his eyes, I can tell he wasn't as happy to see me as I was to see him. "I wasn't as knowledgeable as I am now. Back then, I didn't know how to react." The words came out rough, but they were true. I didn't know how to react. Everything just hit me back then, and I just shut him out because of it. He didn't answer. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he wished he didn't say my name today. "If you still care so much about your reputation, Getou, stay away from me." With that, he walked out of the classroom, leaving me speechless. Yes, his words were hurtful, but I deserved them.
     Now I know how he felt the day I left him.

____________________

Okayy, so this is the second chapter in Suguru's pov! It's kinda shorter than the first but I still like it! Hope you enjoyed it, too 🫶🏼

Word count: 812