Chapter One - Of Course It's Him...

Maeve Syres

3:45... Shit, its 3:45! I rush to the train station, pulling my suitcase behind myself while my travel bag is slung over my shoulder. I get to the station only to see the train's doors close and pull out of the station," Dammit!" I curse and let out a sigh from being out of breath. My name is Maeve Syres, I'm a 19-year-old photographer living in Raleigh North Carolina and yes... I just missed my train. The train I was supposed to be on to get to Michigan for a photography contest of the great lakes. If I won, this contest it would get me enough money to buy myself my own studio and I'd even be able to finally move out of my parents' house. Yet here I am watching this opportunity leave me, literally.

Bailey Cooper

"You have to be kidding me!" I groan and watch the train leave the station right as I got there. I defeatedly set my bags down on the station floor and pull out my phone to see if there are any flights or any other trains that could possibly get me to Michigan within two days max. Booked... I should have known. I thought to myself and put my phone away. Looks like I'll just have to drive myself, which isn't a problem though I would have preferred to not do all that driving and instead sleep the whole train ride there. My name is Bailey Cooper, I'm 20 years old and am currently forced to take a small vacation/break from working as a marketing analysist. Yes, you heard me right, a forced vacation. My boss who is also my uncle believes that I'll work myself to an early grave with how much I work each week. With this he had made a deal with me that either I go on a vacation, he chose Michigan, and I send him proof of me relaxing there starting by the day after tomorrow, he'll get off my back about this all and won't cut my hours. A total abuse of his power, I know.

Right as I was about to turn around and head back to my car, I heard a familiar voice. I looked over to the ticket booth and saw Maeve, a 5'4, semi slim girl with bright blue eyes and black hair that went down to her waist. She was in grey sweatpants and an olive-green tank top and a fluffy looking brown sweater and Birkenstocks. someone I knew back from my high school days. Someone I may or may not have bullied a bit back then, but I'll admit I did have a thing for her back then as well.

Maeve Syres

"There must be another train! How was that the only train headed to Michigan until next week?! You don't understand, I Have to get to Michigan" I explain to the old man working at the train station who in return, just gives me a shrug and replies," Sorry Ma'am I can't do anything for you unless you want that ticket for next Monday" I shake my head," I can't I have to get there by Wednesday are you sure-" My sentence was then abruptly cut off by an annoyingly familiar voice. "I can drive you there" I look behind me to see none other than my high school bully. A 6'1 toned guy with slightly curly brown hair with deep green eyes, wearing a nice fitted grey suit with a blue tie. This is the one and only, Bailey Cooper. Of course, it's him...