1

november 15th
2 years later

As i set the last box down, full of my miscellaneous items for my desk and shelves onto my bed, i look over to my mother, her eyes swollen slightly as tears streak her face, "oh honey... i'm going to miss you and Jack so much" she says, her voice has a slight crack as she tries to keep her composure. pulling her into what feels like our last hug, i feel the sleeve of my shirt begin to feel damp as i kiss her cheek. "We'll be okay, and i'll be texting you every night" i say, laughing a little through my own tears.

Jack walks into my room, "everything is out.." he says, as he is pulled into the hug, "alright.." my mom begins, pulling away from the hug to look at us both, "i'd better get going" she continues as she kisses our foreheads and walks downstairs, as Jack and I follow, waving goodbye to her as we watch her car descend down the road. walking back inside, admiring the spacious environment of our new apartment in downtown LA, my phone chimes once again, taking it out from my back pocket of my ripped jeans, and reading the notification.

Caleb: Maya can you please just answer the fucking phone?

rolling my eyes, i put my phone back into my pocket as Matt and Chris walk out of the dining area, "Alright Mys, you are officially our new LA neighbor" Chris says in a joyous tone, as Matt walk over to me, handing me a paper of different numbers for professionals for me to call incase of any electrical or plumbing issues. "Nervous are we, love?" Matt says, my hands were slightly shaky as i anxiously nod my head, he kisses my forehead and whispers, "It's okay, Mys. i'm right next door, and i'm sure you'll be over several times and vise versa" his voice was calm and reassuring, "thank you" i say, before giving him a quick and loving kiss.

the groan that came from Chris echoed form the empty space of our living room, "alright you two love birds, finish it up. Matt we have a meeting with Laura in 10" he says, Matt rolling his eyes as he gives Chris a nod of acknowledgment, "text me if you need anything" Matt says as he grabs his keys from the kitchen island, planting a quick kiss on my forehead, "have fun at the meeting, i love you" i say as Chris groans once more, "i love you too" Matt replies, quick to drag his brother out of the apartment, hearing only a little of the argument, "did you really have to groan?" Matt's voice could be heard from outside, "did you really have to be THAT affectionate" Chris's annoyed and sarcastic tone made me laugh as i heard Matt, "she's my girlfriend you fucking idiot and you act like you and Arianna don't do the same shit"

giggling a bit to myself, i feel my phone buzz again, sighing as i take out out and opening the notification

Caleb: Maya. Fucking answer

scrolling up to see the several messages from him that i've yet to respond to, i groan as i begin to type

Maya: what

Caleb: fucking christ, took you that long to fucking respond

Maya: what do you want.

Caleb: don't be like that May. I heard you moved to LA, and well i'm here visiting.

Maya: no thanks.

i put my phone away, feeling the text notification buzz as i put it back into my pocket. Caleb was my ex of three years when we were in high school, he was my first boyfriend but he wasn't the best. we would fight constantly, and most verbal fights we had took a more physical approach. after i broke up with him, we moved two hours away from my hometown, i figured i wouldn't have to see him again.

shaking the thoughts away, I run upstairs to my new bedroom. it was bigger than mine at home, with a bigger walk in closet and a bay window that gave me the beautiful view of the town, i began to unpack my boxes, setting my candles on my desk, picture frames on my nightstand and finally getting to my clothes. as i hung up the navy blue varsity jacket, i was finished. admiring the sleek look of my bedroom, i realized that i needed to buy white throw pillows to decorate the bay window.

i take out the polaroid pictures from the small box left sitting on my desk, taping them up in an organized layout, smiling brightly at the photo of Matt and I. as i finish putting the polaroid wall up, i step back to admire the memories i made with the seven most important people i've gotten the chance to become this close with. i walk over to my walk in closet and pick out a simple outfit for the day, changing out of my gray crewneck and black athletic shorts into a pair of blue baggy jeans and a black and white ransom shirt, tucking it into my bra to create of faux crop top and pairing it with my panda dunks, stepping in from of the full body mirror placed on the wall, i take a picture and post it on instagram with the caption, "Matt's shirt or wtv". not even minutes later, the photo is flooded with comments as my accounts grew to over 10 million followers, i began to scroll through the comments.

em: SHES AN LA GIRL NOW
  maya.lockhart: cause someone kept sending me LA apartments for sale.

arianna.h: you wear that shirt better than Matt ever could
   christophersturniolo: you always come for him

christophersturniolo: you need to respond to my text about mario kart
   maya.lockhart: yes. me and jack will be over
      matthewsturniolo: bro couldn't switch apps?

matthewsturniolo: alright. you're pretty i guess
  maya.lockhart: first
     matthewsturniolo: get the fuck out with that shit

kwaiden: SHE MOVED TO LA
madifilipowicz: : it was about damn time
kwaiden: MADI REPLIED TO MY COMMENT

littlemissliving: are we just gonna ignore how PRETTY SHE IS??
   nicolassturniolo: yes
      zack.arius: absolutely

hearing a few knocks at the front door, "Jack! can we go to target later?" i yell from my room as i put my phone away and reach for my door handle and walk out, seeing Jack's door open as he leans against the frame, "Yeah sure, let me just finish unpacking everything and we can go-" he says, as our heads turn towards the steps descending to the front door, hearing the knocks progressively get harder. "Did you invite someone?" he says, as i look at him with a puzzled expression, "i thought you did" i say, shrugging it off as i didn't want to experience this much anxiety for no reason, i begin to make my way down the steps.

the person knocking at the door grew impatient as their knocking became louder, "i'll be there in a minute" i say, hearing my ringtone as i take my phone out, Matt was calling me, i swipe quickly to answer it placing the phone to my ear, "Yes my love?" i start, "Mys, there's like a really tall, kinda blonde guy that's at your door." he says, as i begin my way to the front door.

"Are you stalking me now love?" i giggle into the phone, Matt's small chuckle echoing through my phones speaker, "No, i looked out the window and he caught my eye" he replied, the tone of concernment filled his voice. "it's probably just someone trying to sell me something" i say, hearing Matt giggle slightly, "Alright. just be safe" he says, "i love you" he continues, making my cheeks blush. i've been dating him for two years and i still blush at every flirty and affectionate thing he does, "i love you too" i say, hearing the three monotone beeps as the phone hangs up. i hear more aggressive knocks, as i turn the handle to open the door, my smile turns into a glare, looking at the man standing at my front door. Hearing Jack's footsteps as he walks downstairs, "well who is it?" he says, my eyes unable to look away from the person standing at the steps of my front door.

"You're fucking kidding me" i say, my voice is full of nothing but disbelief.

"Hi May."

꧁꧂