Prologue

I stumbled closer to the altar, my clothes torn and my body bruised. Some of my bones were shattered, although I didn't care. There were hundreds of eyes on me, as they acknowledged that I came out alive, despite my injuries. I looked forward and saw Him. I was so close to the moment I was waiting for the entire time, ever since I got this pig's head sewn over mine. He looked at me with a big smile, as the back wall of this abandoned church, overgrown with moss and blooming roses, and the mirage letting the morning rays of sunlight cast a golden, angelic sight of Him.

As I finally made it to Him, He gently dragged me closer and turned to the endless swarm of His faithful 'friends' - humans who had willingly worn taxidermied animal heads on their faces. Some of them have even sewn them on to show complete devotion to our one and truly. All for His attention, which was cherished so dearly. All different, yet with the same amount of devotion. All of them wanted to reach the altar, just like I did, and learn the ultimate truth.
The Sextet stood behind us in a semicircle. They were the higher-class members of this community. They didn't have animal heads, but insect ones instead. They stood there in silence, waiting for the ceremony to start.

He pulled me closer and held my hands which were shaking. I was terrified, but also excited to finally find out the truth since becoming a loyal member of Him. The truth is the most priceless thing here, which you have to pay with your life.

"Come closer," He said. It wasn't loud, but everyone heard it, because of the ear-splitting silence. When he spoke, everyone listened.

"Танец смерти, it begins." He said before plunging a dagger into my abdomen and hugging me, making it slice into my intestines more. I yelped in pain and grunted loudly. Blood ran down my body, creating a pool of it below my feet. I squeezed Him closer to myself, my body desperately trying to survive. I suddenly felt scissors snipping the skin off of my neck, which was the thing that kept the pig's taxidermied head on mine.

He guided me higher up the altar, expanding the trail of blood even more. He then lifted the pig's head just above my eyes and looked at me with that hypnotic smile of his. He took my head and turned it to the crowd of 'Animals'. I choked gushes of blood out of my mouth and cried. The pain was too much to bear.
"Do you see it now?" He whispered in my ear. "Look at them." He smiled and leaned down closer to me, finally whispering the terrific truth.

My eyes widened as I realized what he meant. I looked down at the blade that was in my body, creating waterfalls of crimson red. And with that, he pulled the dagger out of me and spun me, like a twirl. The pig's head fell to the ground before he let my nauseated body drop to the ground.

I lay there, in a river of my own blood, my intestines exposed for every eye in that church to see. But even though I've realized the reality, the real motive and reason for this cult, I could only be happy.

He was like an angel sent to earth. Even though he's a human, it's hard to believe. He holds power in him, that's nothing like anyone has ever seen before. If I could go back, I wouldn't change a single thing.

He's divine.

Ivan, my dearest.