008. Little by little

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Chapter Eight ―
Little By Little

The sounds of people talking were toned out as Delilah stared at the blackboard in front of her, with small blue eyes, counting down the minutes for when school was over

The sounds of people talking were toned out as Delilah stared at the blackboard in front of her, with small blue eyes, counting down the minutes for when school was over. Her little knee bounced up and down as she played with her hair, rocking back in forth in her desk. She then looked around at the kids that were in her class. One of the girls had short dirty blonde hair, her fingernails were dirty and her clothes were covered in mud from playing outside.

she then looked over to her left and saw a boy with red hair, drawing on a thin white sheet of paper. she noticed something about them two, they were the ones who would often get bullied because of how they acted. One smelled weird and the other was a comic book nerd.

kids were cruel and Delilah was one of them. She turned her eyes back to the chalkboard before finally hearing the bell ring. Excitement reached her face as she quickly stood up and ran out the door. 

she ran down the school hallway, her backpack bouncing up and down at every step she took. She was excited for the day to be over because her mother would finally officially be coming home from the hospital. she opened the front doors and looked around for her mother's van but instead found her late uncle's truck parked in a parking space.

she walked over to the truck, before seeing her dad wiping his face, giving Delilah a small smile. Daryl walked over to his daughter, bending down to her level before cupping her cheek with his hand. "I'm sorry baby girl..." Daryl started but Delilah shook her head at him. "Mommy didn't make it" He finally said the words he had been dreading, making Delilah break down. She quickly wrapped her arms around her father's neck, repeatedly saying no, over, and over, and over and over again. 

suddenly someone ran up behind her, making her turn around to look at them. "Dai wake up"

"Delilah wake up" Delilah jolted awake, looking over at Chase who was shaking her awake. "We gotta move," Chase told her, reaching out his hand for her to take. She took it, pulling herself up off the hardened ground. "Where's Michonne?" Delilah asked, looking around for Michonne. "She is scoping the area," Chase said, before noticing Michonne walking towards them.