p a r t n i n e t e e n

March 29th, 2019.
St Louis New York
— — —

"You okay?"

I nodded, "yea, I'm fine." "Kay, you can tell us. We all lost the same game." Sammy spoke up.

"Guys, I'm fine," I laughed, "my arm's just bothering me, I'm gonna have it looked at."

"I'm coming." Vince stood up, causing the room to erupt with a loud "ooo".

He rolled his eyes and looked at me, nodding towards the door. We made our way out of the locker room and to medical.

"Sorry we lost." Vince broke the silence.

I shrugged, "it happens, only thing we can do is use it to motivate us moving forward."

He smiled and nodded, knowing I was right. "You know, if the Avs win tonight, that'll put us in the playoffs."

I nodded as well, "I know, let's hope for the best." I giggled, knocking on the medical room door.

We heard a small "come in" before we opened it, making our way inside with smiles on our faces.

"What can I do for you?" The lady smiled, looking up at us. "I'm just here to get my arm checked out, it was kinda bothering me during the game and I just want to make sure it's nothing serious." I told her, she nodded and told me to sit.

After a few minutes, she sighed and sat back down in her chair, "you're the one that's just coming back from that arm injury?"

I nodded before she continued, "okay, so here's what I'm thinking is going on, based off of what I'm seeing.. you probably overdid yourself tonight, and now you're just swelling. It happens to a lot of people just coming back from injuries. Give it until tomorrow morning, you shouldn't be in pain. However if you are, I'd go to a hospital and get it looked at."

"So it's nothing serious?" Vince asked. "No, not right now," she shook her head, "really the only thing you can do is take ibuprofen or tylenol."

"Okay, well that's the best thing you could've said." I laughed.

— — —

We had all decided to go out to a bar and watch the Avs game, it was the end off the overtime period and the game was tied 2-2, going into a shootout.

Vince and I sat beside each other at the bar while we waited for our drinks, the rest of the guys were seated at a table or talking to some girl they met about ten minutes prior.

"Brayden looks like he's enjoying himself." Vince laughed, pointing towards Bray, who was chatting it up with a blonde girl.

"Oh shit," I giggled, we watched as she showed him the ring on her finger, his smile dropped and he said something else before they laughed and walked their separate ways.

"That's.. not how he expected that to go." Vince shook his head, we laughed and got our drinks.

Before we walked back to the table, he grabbed my waist, "do you wanna stay here? We can watch the rest of this and then go back?" He asked, motioning towards the tv.

"Yea, sure." I smiled and sat back down.

We watched the tv and had never been so focused, if Arizona wins, we don't make the playoffs. If the Avs win, we do.

"Come on Grubby." I whispered, hoping he could just make one more save for everyone.

"Oh!" Vince grabbed my shoulders, "oh my god!"

Grubauer made the save.

We had huge smiles on our faces, listening to the guys across the bar as they all celebrated.

Vince stood beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder before leaning down to kiss me, which caught me off guard, but it didn't matter.

When we pulled away, he grabbed both of our drinks and motioned for me to follow. We walked back to the table where we were met with the guys getting another round of shots.

"Remember you're all driving home, don't get too crazy." I pointed at them all. "This is only our third round, and we've been here for almost two hours." Sammy nodded, and the guys followed.

I looked at Vince, "the first two rounds were when like fifteen minutes after we got here, they'll be fine." He nodded.

"Alright," I shrugged, "I want one too though." Sammy laughed and went up to the bar, leaving us and a couple of the guys at the table.

"Where did everyone go?" I asked, looking at Alex. "A few of them left after overtime ended, and then a few more like just as the shootout ended." He said, looking between Vince and I.

We nodded and I shrugged, "it's past their bedtimes." "I think it's past all of our bedtimes." Alex agreed, laughing.

"He's right, I'm gonna head out after this drink." Vince spoke, catching my attention. "Yea so am I, we got another game tomorrow." I nodded.

"Holy shit, you're right!" Alex went wide eyed as he stood up, "I completely forgot about that."

Vince and I laughed, "you heading out then?" "Yea, I wanna get some sleep." Alex nodded and left some money, "here's a tip, or whatever." He laughed and waved before he walked away.

"And then there were two." Vince mumbled. "The rest of the team is literally at the bar." I laughed. "And they'll be there for a few minutes." He shrugged, laying his hand on my thigh.

The dress I was wearing was way too short for him to try anything, but part of me believes that won't stop him.

"Vince." "Hm?" He looked at me, bringing his hand up a little higher.

"Stop." I mumbled, sliding his hand back down.

He tried holding in his laugh as he let me move his hand, keeping it still when it returned to my thigh.

"..maybe it's time to go home-" "yea it is, let's go." I nodded and we stood up.

— — —

12-6-23

We're getting closerrr !!!🤭

This was more of a filler chapter,
but I couldn't leave out the part
where they made the playoffs so

Yea anyways

Hope you enjoyed <3