[Chapter 8] Finally Home

-Kalel's POV-

It's pretty funny how you first fall in love with a guy, but then he leaves you. It's even more funny when the guy's best friend loves you more than the first guy ever loved you. Does that even make sense? It probably doesn't, but that doesn't matter.

What matters is that I was finally happy and I realized what I have. I realized my lover's strong feelings towards me. It was no longer necessary for me to run in circles, chasing after a guy that wasn't even there. Sure, he made me happy at the time, but there was so much more preciousness when you finally realized what you already had.

I realized I have a little adorable baby in my arms. I realized that Anthony was finally happy. I realized that I was, and still am, madly, truly in love with Ian Hecox. I was never going to not love that idiot. I've now learned that I could finally let go of the past and be with the man I really love.

I loved Anthony, but he was no match to Ian. He would always be there for me. Anthony would always have a place in my heart, but Ian controlled my life; like Heather controlled Anthony's. I would never let go of the precious days where Anthony held me in his arms, but I couldn't forget that I was now living in the moment. Sometimes I wish I could just kiss Anthon-

No, I couldn't think about that now, I had a freaking baby and I had Ian. I coudln't be more happy with what I already had...but everything that happened just can't be ignored, can it?

"Oh, shh. My angel please don't cry," I cooed at the little fetus in my arms.

"How's my lovely fiance doing?" Ian whispered, kissing my forehead.

"I'm okay. So when is Heather coming over?" I asked, quite excited.

"Wow, I never thought you two would become friends! I think she's supposed to be here in five minutes," Ian chuckled.

"We're not exactly friends, but I really want to clear things up with her. I might've been a bitch with her when I first met her. We don't need anymore drama in our lives," I sighed.

"Are you joking? We're us, of course there's going to be drama," Ian pointed out.

"Shut up, I hate it when you're right," I pouted.

"Don't pout, you're so adorable," Ian commented before kissing me.

"I have a child here. I don't think this sugar plum needs PDA just yet," I rolled my eyes.

"Well, it was not exactly PDA, but it was close to the thing that created your 'sugar plum'," Ian teased me.

"Go away!" I blushed.

Suddenly my phone rang and I rushed to pick it up.

"Hello?" I greeted politely.

"Hey, Kalel," Anthony breathed out.

"Anthony! How've you been?" I asked cheerfully.

"I'm doing great. I missed you, Angel," Anthony said, making me smile.

"You really can't stop calling me that, huh?" I joked.

"Hey, you'll always be my angel, okay? We'll be there in a few."

"I'd better go get ready then. Bye!"

"Bye, Angel!" And the two of us hung up.

I stood there and cradled my little baby boy into his room. We still lived in the same house that held many memories. Sure, some of them were bad, but it wasn't my nature to just run away from the past. I guess I had no other choice than to embrace it. Besides, I've got my new family to help me get through it.