One,

When I got this job, honestly I thought it'd be the experience of a lifetime. Something that I could cherish - perhaps tell my children. Isla Nublar, home to thousands of dinosaurs. The dream of any dinosaur fanatic.

But no, of course I was partnered up with the most petulant, annoying man I've ever met - Owen Grady.

-

"My patience is wearing thin with you, Owen" I scoffed, folding my arms as I leaned against the fence.

"Your patience wears thin with everything. You're always a moody cow" he retorted, smirking as he threw rats into the Raptor pen below.

"Excuse me IM the moody one? You should-" he cut me off, calling down into the pen.

"Blue, eyes on me".

"Ugh" I groaned, rolling my eyes. He's such a douche.

"Out of everyone that I could've been paired up with, I was paired up with you" I looked over at him, and he leaned back, looking over at me.

"I don't know what you mean by everyone. As a matter of fact - not that many people are crazy enough to want to train raptors" he raised an eyebrow, knowing rightly he just won.

"You know what stuff you" I spun on my heel.

"-Have fun training them by yourself today - I'm bored of you now"

"Makes no difference whether your here or not" He shrugged, jogging down the stairs past me.

"Well, good for you because I'm not going to be here"

I could hear him chuckle in the distance as I walked away, taking out my phone.

-

Danisha: yo girl! wanna meet up at the cafe later? been a lil while since ive been with the herbivores x

Me: Yeah course, 5?

Danisha: sure thing!! x

-

The golden bell swung back and forth as I shut the door to the staff café, eyes scanning the room for my friend.

The café was small, but it was nice and cosy, and for staff only. Quite close to my hut, too.

"Over here!" My thoughts were interrupted as I looked over at Danisha, waving like a weirdo in her seat.

"Hiiiii" I mused as I sat down opposite to her.

"How've you been?!" She singsonged, picking up two menus and handing one to me.

"I've been good, how's life with the herbis?"

"It's so fun! Especially watching them hatch, it's like raising your own child!" She jumped up and down, to which I giggled.

"Sooooo, I heard you're working with Owen Grady. Do you even know how lucky you are?"

"Oh please. He's a complete douche" I groaned. "I'm far from lucky when he's around".

She gasped, "how could you NOT fancy Owen, you're tapped in the head!!!"

"The feelings mutual" I smiled.