Chapter I

It had been a few years since the incident of Victor going to The Land of the Dead. Victor and Victoria witnessed Emily turn into thousands of blue butterflies, who flew up into the distance.

However, that didn't mean that Emily had completely flown out of Victor's thoughts. Sure, he was happy with Victoria. He learned to love her, although there was another woman who resided in his heart. He just couldn't get the corpse bride out of his mind.

"Dear, it is time to get ready for the party." Victoria yelled out sweetly, from downstairs. This snapped Victor out of his thoughts, who was writing intensely in his journal, while messily sketching a butterfly, who resembled an awful lot the one that Emily had turned into, just a few years back. "Y-Yes, my love. I will begin to get ready now," He replied, shakily.

He was always caught off guard whenever he heard Victoria's voice while he was so deep in thought. It made him feel.. guilty, perhaps, knowing that some part of his heart still belonged to the corpse bride. It made him think he was caught, and that she knew his true feelings. However, that was not the case. Victoria had no clue of his lingering feelings for Emily. She was happy with Victor, the man she's been loving for the past few years. And in her mind, she had no reason to doubt his feelings for her..

"I'm ready, my dear.." Victor muttered quietly, as he finished tying his tie. He inhaled sharply, before sighing quietly. He felt a little more easy, than he was a couple minutes ago. Victoria gently slid her hand into Victor's before they stepped into the carriage. They were quiet. Quiet, they usually were. During this quietness, Victor always used it to think of Emily. Instead of admiring his wife's beauty, he took the time to remember Emily's soft voice, her beautiful eyes, that sometimes would pop out of it's socket. How her leg would at times detach from her skeletal knee, and how the maggot would sometimes be shot out of her ear.

After he had lost her, those features that had once frightened and disgusted him turned into ones he adored and grew fond of.  He hated to admit it, but the love he had once thought was for Victoria, actually belonged whole-heartedly to Emily, his former corpse bride.

He massaged his temple, as his thoughts subsided, due to nearing the house where the party would be taking place. "We are almost here, aren't we, dear?" He asked, just wanting to make sure. "Yes, darling. About... five more minutes, and we shall arrive." She confirmed, smiling warmly at her Husband. Victor returned the smile, however it lacked most of the warmth that Victoria had shown him. He continued to look out the window of the carriage, when something caught his eye.. There were two crows, however, they were accompanied by a butterfly. 

A butterfly that Victor knew all too well. His eyes sparkled for a brief second, however that soon turned into longing. Victor wished he could reach out to the blue butterfly, hoping that somehow it would reach a part of Emily. He sighed, as he traced the patterns of the butterfly in his palm.

"I shall draw it later.." He thought, mesmerized by its beauty. Perhaps it was because it resembled the colors that had painted Emily's features. Maybe that's why he loved it so much. Hm, love.  Victor wished that love could've been for Victoria, but oh well. The heart wants what it wants. There's no controlling it, really. It's a pain. At times, you want to love someone, but you just can't force yourself to do so. The heart wants.. what at times.. it can't have.

Ironic, isn't it?  When he had the woman, he now wants, he simply didn't desire her. However, as he began to lose her, Victor quickly realized how much he longed for her. It was truly depressing. He had her, but only when she was gone did he realize that his heart belonged to her.