The pirate Racoon

"Everyone, wake up." Connor said loudly, startling everyone. "We have one more day ahead of us and we will be there." Everyone looked ahead seeing another kingdom in the distance.

"Maybe we can stop over there?" Said Lizzy, "We can get some more supplies while we are are there and maybe some warm drinks?" Everyone nodded in agreement as she looked back to check on Saint. "So, its decided. Connor keep us moving, we are so close."

"You got it!" He replied. They approached the kingdom quickly and before they knew it they were there.

"Stop right there!" Came a voice from behind the gate. "No entry allowed to any unauthorised personnel." Said the man stood prepared to fight.

"No need to be so defensive." Said Connor. "I am rightful king Connor of the kingdom of Rustaria, we are here to buy a few things before we continue on our journey."

"A king? Why exactly is the king of another nation venturing this far away from his home kingdom if not for discussion with kings from other nations." Said the guard still skeptical.

"Our kingdom, it was taken over by my brother who was banished and an evil wizard, we escaped before they could put the gates down. Our last stop is one more days ride away before we have all the people we need in order to defeat them both and take back our kingdom." Said Connor. "Please allow us entry we just need to buy some food and drink then we will be on our way." He pleaded with the guard.

"Very well. However we will need to post an armed guard with you guys and you will need to all stay together the whole time you are here to ensure the safety of our kingdom." Said the man.

"That wont be a problem." Said Connor. "We will be as quick as we can but we will be stopping for coffee if you have any."

"Open the gate!" The guard shouted. The gate between Connor and the guard slowly began to rise, removing the gap between them. Connor marched the wagon within the gates and everyone got out. An armed guard came out of one of the guard towers and the man guarding the gate beckoned him over. "Arnold, will you escort these people while they buy food and get some drinks?"

"Yes sir." Said Arnold. "Follow me, I will show you where our food stores and other shops are." He said beginning to walk further into the kingdom. Connor and the others followed Arnold into the kingdom.

"This place is beautiful, you have a fountain in the middle of town." Said Lizzy "It looks amazingly sculpted." She said admiring the work of art in the middle. They continued walking for another ten minutes or so before stopping.

"Here we are." Said Arnold, "Pick out your food buy it then let us continue on to the next place." Everyone walked up to the stands nearly drooling at the sight of all the various types of meat, deer, boar, chicken, beef.

"Connor, I want Chicken!" Said Lizzy, not being able to take her eyes off of it.

"Alright, Lizzy we will get chicken for you, anyone else want anything?" He said looking back at Charles and Saint.

"Nah, I'm good." Said Charles, "I'll just have whatever you guys pick out for me." He said not wanting to spend too much money on these purchases.

"Me too, I'll just eat whatever." Said Saint still thinking about her best friend, how she was gone forever and never coming back, she didn't even get to say goodbye. A tear fell from her face. Lizzy noticed this and hugged her.

"Saint, you can't let this distract you, we will have a burial for her when we get back." She said. Saint looked up and wiped her face nodding.

"I'll take the chicken and some deer please." Said Connor looking at the food on the walls still not paying attention to the world around him.