Chapter five

Sophia and I are probably the most misplaced guests at the strip club. This place is obviously made by men for men. From the red velvet sofas to the half-naked strippers and bartenders, this place is exactly every guy's dream. Sofia and I are among the few women here, with almost every corner of the busy club filled with thirsty-looking men. However, uncomfortable as it may sound, I feel safer than I usually would given the circumstances. Half the men in here look attractive (and rich may I add) and in their late 20's, plus all their attention is not on me, but on the strippers dancing on the poles. At first, I was rather uncomfortable; but Sophia's guy, Mr Cooper, welcomed us with a drink and lots of reassurance. A few more drinks and shots down, and before I knew it, I was cheering on the strippers.

"Woooo, you look so beautiful!", I drunkenly scream at one of the strippers. Her body is hypnotizing and becoming one with the pole. She smiles at me, obviously not used to being cheered on by women, and continues. Her fingers reach her thin, small dress at the bottom, and she teasingly lifts it up, showing her g-string and belly button piercing. She then continues to swing her leg on the pole, and lifts up her own body, swirling around the pole and her strong muscles flexing as she does so. 

"Aaaand that's enough alcohol for you", Sophia says and snatches my drink out of my hand. I turn to her, and everything is spinning. I laugh.

"Noooo", I say and lean forward to grab the drink out of her hand, but lose my balance and fall on top of her and the sofa. I laugh. Everything seems funny. Mr Cooper hands me a glass of water, and I angrily sip it; like an angry child who's told to eat their vegetables. Water tastes so boring. I look over at Sophia, and she seductively leans her freshly shaven legs onto Mr Cooper and he looks rather intrigued. I'm sure they're about to kiss, but to my surprise, he excuses himself, gets up and leaves. 

"What happened?", I say, and take a big sip of my water. Sophia rolls her eyes.

"He needs to say hello to some of the guests. Apparently, some of them are very important". She grabs her martini and sips it.

"I would guess so since it costs £200 to get in here", I say and laugh. My head seems heavy and keeps tilting to the side as a result of the alcohol. I gasp dramatically. "Soph, I just got the best idea", I say and get up. I down my water, grab her hand and help her up from the chair. She laughs, puts down her martini and stands up. I almost lose my balance in my heels, but she supports me. I lock in her arm and lead her into the crowd. "We need to introduce ourselves to these important guests". She laughs again.

"God, I love drunk Laura". The music is quite loud, and the light dim, so I feel more drunk than I probably am. We push ourselves into the mass of suits and ties. "There!", Sophia says and points to Mr Cooper. He's conversing with some men. We giggle and walk over to them. Mr Cooper turns and looks at us surprised, with a smile on his face. 

"Ahh, when talking about the sun", he says and reaches out for Sophia. I let her go, his hand finding her waist and locking her in by his side. "These two lovely women, my gentlemen, are my special plus-ones for tonight". Sophia giggles. The three men are all, by the looks of it, in their late 20's/beginning 30's. The guy on the far left smirks.

"Both of them? Well done", he says. I scrunch my nose. Ew.

"But he'll only be bringing Sophia with him home", I say and wink at her. The guys laugh. 

"Fine by me", Mr Cooper says, and Sophia leans in and bites his ear. The three guys turn to me and look at me hungrily. The one on the right steps forward to me.

"So, what's your excuse?", he says and looks me in the eyes. The alcohol is flowing through my body, making him more blurry than he should be. I smirk. 

"Why don't you find out?", I say seductively and bite my lip. I'm not actually that interested in him, but I'm drunk and he's handsome, so it doesn't really matter. He smirks back at me, grabbing my waist and pulling me in, inches away from my face. Suddenly a hand grabs mine and pulls me back. I look up confused. It's Sophia, dragging me away. 

"What are you doing?", I say, and almost trip as she drags me towards the bar.

"He's married". My hand flies up to my mouth. 

"Oh my God, I had no idea", I say. We reach the bar.

"Order us something, I need to pee", she says and walks away. I completely forget everything that just happened and turn to the bar. Just as I turn, a masculine hand slides over a Pornstar martini in front of me. My favourite.

"It's without alcohol, I doubt you need more". My heart skips a beat. It's Mr Fox. He is, still, wearing his mask, and more handsome than I remember. I'm completely baffled. 

"How- .. Wha-", I start. He smiles under the mask. "How do you even recognize me?", I say.

"Please", he goes and sips his drink. "Like a mask can hide your identity".

"Isn't that what you're doing?", I say and lean on my arm as I smirk at him. He grunts.

"At least I'm not throwing myself at every guy I see", he says and turns to the bar. What the fuck? He's been watching me? I can feel myself getting annoyed.

"Why do you even care?", I say. He turns to face me.

"I don't". I squint my eyes at him. I want to say something back to him, but the alcohol is preventing me from thinking straight. I turn to the bar and get the bartender's attention.

"Two tequila shots please", I say and the bartender begins pouring them in front of me. "Thank you for the concern, but I'll be my own judge of what I need and do". I slide the untouched Pornstar martini back towards him across the table. "Now, if you'll excuse me", I say, grab the shots and start walking away.