Chapter 2

EJ looks at both Abigail and Austin before he replies back.

"What did I miss? What happened before I got here?"

Abigail takes a deep breath before she replies back.

"Austin kissed me. He wants to break us up."

EJ turns his attention to Austin.

"You kissed her!"

Austin smiles at him.

"EJ, I'm sorry."

Abigail apologizes to EJ.

"You have nothing to apologize for. He's going to pay. Believe me. I am, curious about something."

EJ replies back to Abigail.

"What's that?"

Abigail replies back to EJ.

"Do you have feelings for Austin?"

Austin looks at her as he raised eyebrow.

Abigail instantly froze for what seemed like eternity but in reality was only seconds.  She takes a deep breath before she replies back only for a tear to fall down her face.

"I'm not sure."

EJ looks at her in disbelief.

"You're not sure. Well, how about we give each other some space until you figure out your feelings and then we'll talk."

Abigail looks back at him in tears.

"EJ, are you sure?"

EJ leans in whispering in her ear while gently wiping away her tears.

"Yeah. Take as much time as you need. I'm not going anywhere. I love you."

Abigail smiles back at him as she leans into him hugging him tight.

Austin watches them only to interrupt by clearing his throat.

"Abigail, what about what we have? The connection and history between us."

Abigail turns around and looks at him.

"Austin, you're happily married to Carrie. She's the love of your life. Those are your words. We're both in completely different places in our lives. We need to focus on right now. You're married to Carrie and I'm happily involved with EJ. I think it's time you should leave."

EJ looks at Austin.

"You heard her."

Austin sighs in frustration before he nods his head.

"You know how to reach me in case you change your mind. I'm always here for you."

EJ glares at him.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to walk him out."

Abigail says to EJ as she leans into him kissing him before pulling away from him.

She goes and walks Austin to the front door.

"Austin, you're right. I do care about you but I've moved on with my life. You need to focus on you and repairing your marriage."

Austin looks at her as he reaches out taking her hand in his.

"Deep down inside your heart you know that there is something special between us. I know you felt it when I kissed you. You haven't been with EJ yet, have you?"

Abigail looks at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

Austin smiles at her as he gently brushes his band over her cheek.

"You know what I mean, Abigail."

Abigail raises her eyebrow.

"Oh. You mean, if he and I have been together. No, we haven't. Not yet. But, he said it can wait. We are having fun enjoying each other's company and I enjoy spending time with him and the kids. We all have an amazing time together."

Austin looks at her as he reaches out with both hands as he leans in.

"He may say that he loves you but deep down inside your heart you know that your heart belongs to me. Not him. We belong together. Don't worry about Carrie. I'm going to take care of everything. I'll call you "

Abigail looks at him in surprise and shock when he leans in kissing her and then pulls back from the kiss as he sees that she is left breathless.

"EJ, doesn't make you feel like that, does he?"