Chapter 12

CURRENT HEALTH: TWO MONSTER CANS.
STABILITY: FRAIL.

He had three days left to ration out the last two cans. Much to his frustration, there were no shops nearby that sold energy drinks without an ID needed. He didn't have any to provide so there was no chance. As a class they did well so Aizawa could save his breath and continue with the next activity. A grand outdoor area was filled with equipment to mold into solutions for different scenarios. In groups of five, they'd alternate between the activities and use their problem-solving skills. As a result of the hard work with the elderly, he allowed the class to form their own groups. They were all excited for it, ignoring the energy drinker.

He heard a familiar voice behind him and found himself surrounded by his old friends, deep in a conversation. They talked around him as if he was a part of it? He scratched his arms and by being near them, they were a group and brought to the second area. Bakugo heard his name and he turned to Mina.

"What?"

"I was saying, what's your go to movie?"

"Like I know--." He scoffed, crossing his arms.

This was weird, Denki even smiled at him. They behaved as if it was a week ago. A part of him refused to accept it, something was wrong. No way in hell would things magically resolve, not in his life. He wasn't a God damn kid's movie. Hidden intentions played a role and he was determined to discover them. Sero went to do the work while the rest messed around, like the old days. Hell, even Kirishima was putting an effort with his ridiculous smiles. The situation made him sick with sourness.

"Hey bros I wanna show you something." Kirishima added, smugly with his hands in pockets.

Bakugo let the others ask, observing as the redhead pulled a red-shaded vape pen and brought it to his lips, sighing out a whirlwind of smoke. The wind bashed it past his face, a smell that made him lose any desire to eat - not that he had one. Bakugo felt like yawning as a reaction, checking his peers for their opinions. Sero wasn't bothered, not surprising as he was a crackhead. Mina didn't smile anymore and Denki shifted uncomfortably. Kirishima continued to vape and the blonde was close to flicking the object out of his hand.

At least things were back to normal, the shitty normal. Where did he even get that from? It wasn't legal. Nor was it impressive.

"You're not cool." Bakugo mumbled.

"What dude?" Kirishima asked, seemingly hearing the comment.

"Nothing, I'm going for a walk." He left to moment to cool, standing near the entrance of the area whilst he watched another group. His eyes glossed over the students as they leaned near each other, climbing against a ragged wall. He sensed movement towards him and he turned to face Denki. The air thickened in his throat, making it harder to swallow against the vines.

"I wasn't the only one uncomfortable with that, right?" He asked, joining Bakugo against the wall.

The other scratched his neck, "I wasn't uncomfortable, nor was I impressed."

"Don't you have to be like 18?!" He rambled on, losing Bakugo's concentration.

"Doubt he cares but I'm guessing you forgave me or whatever."

"Why would I need to?"

"What?"

"Hey you actually don't look that well are you good?" He leaned over, being swatted away.

"I'm fucking fine. And I was referring to when I pushed you and stuff..." His voice full of dejection and distance.

He smiled, "I was never upset at you for that. Thank you for caring."

"I never car--." An arm squeezed his shoulder.

"I sorta gave you space, I thought I hurt you and I didn't mean to."

"Nothing hurts me, so it's fine."

"Sure, whatever you say Blasty. We cool then?"

"It's cold as fuck here so yeah."

Denki snorted, eventually laughing alongside his reconciled friend at the pun. His hand stayed in place as he continued updating on the annoying mannerisms Kirishima has, earning multiple laughs. Mina jumped behind out of nowhere and scared the electric user who screamed for his life, earning more laughs. Bakugo really hadn't felt this good in a while. A monster would be lovely to savour the luck he has.

"You losers need to come back or Sero will whack you with his boots."

"Shit, come on Blasty!" Denki chimed, pulling Bakugo with him without any issues. They reunited with the group after a few steps and helped the group to continue the new place they were at. Time moved on from them and when the sun began to fall, the work was finished and the class was sent back to their rooms until dinner was sorted. Denki skipped along to keep up with Bakugo's quickened pace.

"Dude! I nearly died back there, I saw the lights."

"Falling from a few inches would not kill you." He crossed his arms.

"You know it was more than that!"

"Yeah, yeah."

Eventually they parted, Bakugo entering the room before the others. He slid across the room and flung the fridge open, pulling a black energy drink as a treat for the day. He sat on his bed and sipped graciously, scrolling through his phone.