I Will Try

I slammed my alarm that was beeping loudly on my bedside table. I squinted my eyes to see it read 6:30 in the morning. I groaned loudly pulling off the cozy comforter and groggily stumbling toward my wardrobe. I opened the door inspecting my clothing choices. I made a final decision on ra pair of black jeans, a white v-neck t-shirt and a pair of black high tops. I made my way to the bathroom running a hand through my messy, short, brown,hair I then took my comb and brushed it into a quiff and using a bit of gel so it would stay. I ran my toothpaste covered toothbrush under the faucet before placing it in my mouth I brushed for a good 2 minutes before spitting and rinsing. I put on deodorant and a spurt of cologne before galloping down the stairs. "Hey Mom," I greeted my mother with a peck on the cheek. She set the eggs she had made for me on the mahogany table. "So, Peter, you ready for 12th grade?" She asked leaning on the counter with one hand and placed the other on her hip. "Um, I guess so," I shrugged before shoving a forkful of eggs in my mouth. "Good. Now hurry up and get going before your late," she said before grabbing her tea and heading into the living room. I finished the eggs and grabbed my already ready back pack off the kitchen counter and left through the front door. The humid breezy air of late summer blew through the suburbs of New York City. My school was only about a mile away from my small home on Park Street. I walked down the cement sidewalk glancing at the kids walking to the high school like I was. They all had glum expressions that matched my own. When I reached the school I left to my locker which I've had ever since the beginning of 9th grade. The vacant locker was soon occupied by my black back pack and the rest of my books. I took my notebook and geometry binder and began to head to 1st period. "Hey, Sanders!" I heard my name which was shouted by the nastiest character in the book. I turned to see the biggest jerk in New York. "What do you want Kingston?" I rolled my eyes. "Nice to see you again,aye?" He eyed me. He stood about a foot away his 6 foot feature stood hovering over my 5' 8" one. His blond hair was spiked with to much gel and his white shirt matched mine exactly although he wore light blue jeans ripped at the knees. His black leather jacket was obviously too small but he didn't seem to care his blue eye stared into my big brown ones. He shoved me hard. "I asked you a question," "I would rather not see you," I replied about to walk away. He shoved me against the hard brick wall. "What did you say?" He threatened me holding me up off the ground. "You heard me," I spat at him. He dropped me to the ground when the bell for class rang. Him and his so opposed 'friends' walked away. I then smuggle grinned practically strutting to my first class.

***********************************