He's Home

"Whur the fuck you was at?" Amir angrily asked the boy, who looked as if nothing happened.

Angel smirked, chuckling a bit. "Why you actin' like I died, Amir," the way Angel said his name sent chills up his body. He had a grin on his face that looked sinister while his eyes scanned Amir's body. Amir noticed the slight lick he gave his lips. His eyes were low, but he didn't look high.

"Fuck, you, Angel. For real. You had me worried sick," Amir yelled, feeling his eyes start to water.

Angel got close to him, then wrapped his arms around Amir's waist. The action caught him off guard. "Don't cry, Amir," he pulled back, looking Amir into his eyes. "I'm okay," he smiles at him, making his heart flutter against his will. He was confused. Angel liked physical affection, but this felt—different.

"I hate you," Amir spat out of pettiness. He couldn't give in that easily. He also was tired of always being worried if Angel was somewhere od'ing or not.

"And I love you," Angel smiled bigger, leaning in and kissing Amir on the cheek. "I'm 'bout to head ta Josh house, aight?" he pulled back, but Amir was stuck, confused, angry... he felt a plethora of emotions that all contradicted one another.

His mind was being plagued by Angel, consumed. He started to think about what his grandma and Angel's mom said. How he's wasting his effort.

Here Angel was smiling, while Amir spent the day in an anxiety and paranoia-filled haze, running around the city to find him.

"Amir?" Angel snapped him from his thoughts. "You good? You jus hur what I said?"

Amir swallowed thickly before looking up at Angel who was standing by the door. "I hurd you, and I'm good, bye Angel," he lied.

Angel walked from the door, grabbed Amir's hand, pulling the other close to him. He put his hands around his waist, making Amir jump at the action.

He's never done anything like that before. "Don't lie to me, Amir. What's wrong?" he peered into Amir's eyes. The taller boy felt his face run warm as his words got caught in his throat. He forgot all about being mad, now he was just confused.

"I-I said I'm good," he stuttered breaking from Angel's hold. Angel rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, I tried," Angel shrugged. "When you up to it, lemme know how you feelin'. I'm rey shake, bye, Amir," he left out of the door leaving Amir alone again.

He stood there for a moment before heading to his room. He walked past Angel's; a sinister feeling emitted from the cluttered twenty-one-year-old's room, making Amir pause in his steps. He walked backward until he was parallel to Angel's room. He looked inside of the dark room that more so resembled a black hole. He then looked back at the front door. Almost like he was under a spell, he walked inside of Angel's room, not even bothering to turn on the lights.

He wondered how Angel always had it so dark in here. Even when the sun poured itself out onto the earth, some of the rays should seep through, yet... somehow, his room was always dark—darker than the blackest night.

Amir climbed into Angel's bed, burying himself underneath all the blankets. He grabbed one of them, clutching onto it like it was Angel himself.

He laid there for a while lost in his thoughts before he drifted off to sleep; he couldn't stop thinking about Angel. Even though he just saw the boy, a weird feeling still flowed through his veins like a drug.

Amir couldn't shake the feeling.

•••

Amir jumped out of his sleep when he felt arms wrap around him. He turned over seeing it was Angel with a smile on his face.