Chapter 1

The party was still going strong, and if there is one thing about dancers, it is that dancers will dance. I am currently on the dance floor busting out moves to this one glittery song that goes on about how life can be sweet. I'm usually a heavy weight drinker, so I had a few too many before I realized I may have over done it. I am not drunk, but I am freakishly tipsy for the amount I drank; which to anyone else would be a lot, but for what I usually drink it's not even close. I didn't think this party was a good idea, but my therapist said I should give socializing outside of work a try so here I am; having a complete blast. We got here in my car with the intention that Samuel, my best guy friend, would drive us out of here. Now that it is late into our night and I have seen the activities I'm not comfortable with starting to unravel, I am ready to go. Samuel however is tripping over himself talking to a mutual acquaintance of ours. They get closer and closer while chatting. I've too late realized that he's drunk off his toes; so drunk that he's kissing that woman.

I do my due diligence and lug him over to the car while also excusing us from the other guests. The host is partaking in a private party upstairs in her room involving recreational things that the less I know about, the better for everyone. I shove him in the passenger side of my car and open the window for him in case he couldn't hold his liquor.

I will not drive with a single drop of alcohol in my system no matter how sober I might feel. I make myself comfortable in my own back seat. For now I want to sober up enough to figure out what to do without endangering us or anyone on the road. About an hour goes by, but I start to worry that I'm only getting worse. This definitely wasn't only the alcohol. I'm sure it is partially the reason as I did drink heavily, but this feels like I definitely ate something I shouldn't have. I can't pin point what it was since these party animals had a feast of snacks available which I took the liberty of sampling all of it. Either way, the night has been fun and I'm glad I came. I feel so proud of myself for giving myself the opportunity to have fun with my friend and make new ones, as well as reaffirm my boundaries in an environment I'm not familiar with. It was all cause for a meltdown which didn't happen and for my reactions to all of that I couldn't be thankful enough.

My phone is dead, so I can't call anyone to help us out of this pickle; not that I would actually know anyone who is not at this same get-together getting wasted. I usually bring my charger everywhere, but I can't remember why I don't have it with me. I think about how my mom could probably help me out of this if she were in town. She visited a few weeks ago but had to go her own way again because this that and the third. She should be back to visit soon; she never goes long without seeing me especially now that she's up in age. Her health is a huge concern for me, but the lady does not listen to anyone. She's been an amazing source of support for me as well as a painful source of worry. It's always something with that woman, but she's always been that way so I can't really complain. That instability has taught me how to find stability within myself and I don't think I would have learned it better any other way. That also reminds me, I have to prepare this week's schedule tomorrow. I don't think I have anything planned already so it should be pretty easy to set up.

"...You hoo. Hoohoo. "

A soft melody plays in my head and I tune in on the fact that my body is starting to feel really giddy. Everything I was worrying about, I am no longer even thinking of. I can't explain it, but the headache I hadn't remembered I had, has now completely dissipated. I start to feel giggly all over which I can only compare it to defrosting in a heated spa pool. I lay down to relax since I feel like the car is floating, or rather like I'm floating in the car. I close my eyes and fly through my magnetic field into the one around the earth. I take my time exploring the moon, and mars, and Jupiter and his moons, and as I land on the rings of Saturn I feel myself yanked back into my body laying on my car jacket. My interdimensional space travel is rudely interrupted by the ringing of a phone. It's also obnoxiously loud with an anime theme song I'm familiar with playing at full volume. It's a pretty cool cover of the song with no lyrics and completely played in a sick electric guitar. If I had played it purposely I likely would have ascended into the sun. I stop myself from vibing to the music as it has kept going until it restarted meaning the caller had called twice.