Chapter 3

I make it home in under 20 minutes. He had lived so much closer than I had thought. I always took similar routes to Samuel when leaving work, so I should have guessed as much. I park, walk up to my door, and unlock the door to my apartment. I started renting it in June of this year after completing the time under my roommates lease late May. I signed onto a six month lease in early May for my own place having saved enough while staying with my previous roommate. I have already started looking into other apartments since I want to upgrade to a 3 bedroom so that I can give my snake her own room away from my personal ruckus.

I have a beautiful black king snake that I named Isa. I got everything I needed for her before I even knew what she would be. I made sure I even got a temperature regulated water fountain and an automatic lamp that has 3 different light settings to mimic the natural environment of the snakes. She has a 60-gallon tank, with plenty of things to hide under and logs to climb onto. She means the world to me. I really would have opted for a cat, but I am deathly allergic despite my absolute love for those tiny death machines. The maximum time I can spend around them is about a week before the itch and the sneezing it to much to bare. It's not sustainable to live on allergy meds either. It's simply a love that can not be. Plus, snakes are pretty cool death machines in their own right.

I check on her and make sure everything is functioning properly; all is good. I feed her on Monday nights since she has a well maintained handling day, watering day, feeding day, then leave alone schedule. I'll intagrate a bath day on watering day if she seems like she needs some help shedding or some kind of supplement. I do not worry much for her since I maintain her environments pretty well, but I have had a few scale rot scares. I do handle her to keep her stress around feeding days lower, but it is minimal.

I do most of the handling under the influence of the marijuana flower. I prefer to partake on my own because I get paranoid around people, but I'm free to feel the highest high by myself. Snakes are such spiritually healing creatures, too, and when handled and cared for appropriately, it's magical. I make it so that her handling is kept for ritualistic purposes when I handle her off schedule. Snakes can mean rebirth or medicine and even transition through the unknown. Isa is my family in spirit. I would do anything to make her happy, and she deserves her own room hence my search for a 3 bed. Work has been great and the more I perform, the more they talk, and the more they talk, the more I get booked. It works out for both of us, and all of my clientele.

I sigh and part with her once I refill her water. I walk to my room and into my closet. I grab my outfits for tomorrow night with the shoes I will be wearing and throw them into a luggage. I also grab a bathing suit off of the top of the summer bin in the back of my closet. I throw in a beach towel since it is easier to remove the bleach smell from them and a pair of sandals. I throw in my charger along with my emergency battery pack charger along with it. After throwing in another nightgown along with its robe to sleep in after the pool, I zip it up. I didn't pack a bag because that would leave me to bring back too many bags. If I take the luggage, I can fit the other bags in here and leave with a single item, which makes the trip feel less like a hassle. I throw on the robe this gown came with to keep it a little more decent around Saint. This gown on its own was an unprecedented occasion.

I make sure I have everything I need, and even spruce up my place a little so that when I get back it's completely organized. I walk out, lock up, and head down the indoor stairway.I roll the luggage to my car and make sure I have my car charger before hopping in. I do, so I start my car and get back to Samuel's and Saint's. The way there was much faster than the way back home. I took less than 12 minutes. I park outside the garage door, and I call Samuel, but he did not pick up. He's probably fast asleep. I want to try Saint, but if he is asleep, I wouldn't want to wake him. I text him instead since it is a shorter sound. If he is asleep, he is less likely to notice it.