act five { the deep freeze of what we knew }

"You have to listen to me, Zoisite! There should be no need for fighting--"

Sailor Venus' words had no effect on the knight. Hope clung onto her words as she dodged his repeated punches and with her chain, pushed him away each time she felt his breath down her back. "Keep your useless words to yourself!"

 Zoisite slid back against the icy road before breaking out into a sudden run. With trained eyes dancing around the fight zone, the knight pulled a fake kick to Sailor Venus before lunging his body to Sailor Mercury. It was by the mercy of the Moon Mercury had turned around in time. With one hand pulling back Sailor Mars, her other formed a force-field around herself, Venus, and Mars. Her teeth gritted and the heels of her boots dug into the snowy ground as she held her ground. Zoisite was strong, but this battle was a test of her own physical and mental strength. Whatever the outcome tonight would shape the whole world they knew.  

Thrown back by the fire between Sailor Jupiter and Nephrite, Sailor Moon crawled herself away from any fight action. On her hands and knees, ice, and snow covered her uniform and limbs in the dark night. The strongest light above the covered street lamps and storefronts hung above her. I wanna go home, is all she wished. To go home and see her family. To go home and hug her sister. This is never going to end. A-And I'm a princess?! I didn't ask to be a princess--I didn't ask for any of this!  Everything became a blur to Sailor Moon under her tears. She hadn't realized she was crying until a cold breeze froze the tears onto her face.  

"Please wait for me, Miyako..."

Shifting to sit on her knees, Sailor Moon slowly trudged further away from her friends fighting for their lives. They could do it, she thought. They were stronger than her, mentally and physically. Why would the Sailor Guardians want someone as clumsy as her fighting for the world's future? Slowly and quietly Sailor Moon moved away from the screams, blasts, and shouts when someone latched onto her ankle.  

"Now, where do you think you're going, Sailor Moon?" Jadeite's cold eyes glared over her shoulder. Jerking her ankle back, Sailor Moon's breathing grew erratic when her body collided into the snow as Jadeite dragged her. In just a second, Sailor Moon was ready to drop all her hope on the cold ground until she saw Sailor Mars powered charge towards them. 

"Get up and fight, Sailor Moon! There is no victory in fleeing!"

With fire in her veins, Sailor Mars shot flames upon flames to Jadeite, chasing him off to another end of the street. Left on the ground to watch her friend chase down the knight with heated blasts and punches, Sailor Moon's arms trembled. Be it the colder chill after feeling heat or true fear trickling through her veins, she didn't know. But what she did know was that Miyako was dealing with the horrible cold in ways worse than any of her friends.  

"I-I-I need to go save Miyako--"

"Stand tall, my child."

It felt like a nerve surged through Sailor Moon's mind. A voice she could never mistake for another spoke to her. Queen Serenity's tone of grace and power forced the girl's ears to listen to her every syllable, breath, and pause. Sailor Moon looked up to the Moon without a wavering breath, "What would your sister say if she knew you abandoned your friends in battle?" 

The girl shook her head. No, Miyako would hate me for that, even if she doesn't fully understand, Sailor Moon knew the answer deep within in her heart. "Then do what is right and join them in battle. Do not think about anything else, just act, Sailor Moon. Your sister is on the verge of waking but is in grave danger."

Just the words your sister and grave danger shot a powerful wave of energy into Sailor Moon's body. Her body no longer shook out of freight, but of evolving power and resolve. She would no longer be afraid of the cold, but the cold, the wind, and the snow would be afraid of her--no, it would fear all of them. Steeled from her fingertips to crown of her head, Sailor Moon stood amongst the cold as brilliant light shone from her hand.