☁️- Caine x Reader (2) -☁️

banner art by shenchup on instagram!!

story background:

this is a part 2 to the first Caine story on here since it was asked by more than one person and I also wanted to write this so yeh

I AINT GONNA SPOIL WHAT HAPPENSSSSSSS

I'm aoeey I didnt really plan this chapter out.

(ok but off topic, I think I might get a crash on my hands from wearing a gauze for my phone guy costume on my bare hands. it's so red in the space between my thumb and pointer finger on both hands help 😭)

......................................................

It had been a few days since [Y/N] almost abstracted, roughly half a week. They didn't explain what happened to anybody else, as to not worry them and gain concern, but would occasionally come to Caine for some help when needing to talk about what happened. They didn't talk frequently, even after what happened, but the two of them have managed to have some nice conversations when they do speak! They just didn't.. socialize with each other well, since Caine was focused on work and keeping things in order (or pretending he is and is actually slacking off somewhere with Bubble), while [Y/N] hung out with the other humans trapped in the digital world and did some random adventures with them in sake to keep each other's sanity.

But, today would be a different day...

Today, [Y/N] was sitting on the stage, their legs slowly kicking off the ledge while they tried to juggle three balls in their hands. Not many people were around, since everyone was doing their own thing today and just hanging around.
It was mostly silent in the uncannily big tent, until a familiar voice boomed from behind [Y/N].

"[Y/N]!" He called, making [Y/N] yelp and accidentally drop the colorful balls from their hands and scatter across the floor. "Oh, sorry dear! I didn't mean to startle you."

[Y/N] snapped their head back to look at whoever was there... it was Caine! Along with Bubble just chilling beside him. Caine turned to the bubble and commanded that it do something, which it did and flew over to the scattered balls.

"Oh, uh, it's alright.." [Y/N] looked back to the balls and watched Bubble collect them, shortly turning their focus back to Caine after.

"What brings you here?"
"Ah, well," He stammered a little and fidgeted with his hands, "I have a question to ask of you!"

[Y/N] raised a brow and watched as Caine seemed.. nervous? He hasn't acted like this before, it wasn't that common of a thing to see from him. After a few seconds of building up courage, he cleared his throat and puffed his chest out, speaking in a confident and somewhat charming tone.