The day:

-Sage-
I was in my house eating a granola bar while waiting for my brother and dad to come inside.
When I finish eating my granola bar and threw the wrap away, I hear a groan come from the front door.
Oh gosh. Where are they?!
I look through the peephole and see a pale looking man with red blood stains on him...
Weird..
I grabbed my back pack from the table and put three water bottles and 7 granolas. Hey I'm not fat.
The man began pounding had on the door.
"GABE, DADDY!?" I yell
No answer
I grab my iPhone 5 and call my brother.
*riing-
"Sage I need you to lock all doors and windows and pack clothes for you dad and I and get food too!" He said in a rush.
I did what he said.
"Where are you,there's a man at the door and he's bleeding!" I say panicking.
"Don't worry, I need you to grab huge kitchen knives and put them in you backpack." He said
I heard someone knocking on the door.
"Open up now sage!" I hear my dad say.
I hang up the phone and grab the charger along with the other chargers.
I open up and see Gabe and daddy run inside locking the door, covered in blood.
"Daddy what happened!?" I asked afraid.
"Sweetie were going to go to a camp and I need you to listen to Gabe and I okay?" He said.
I nodded.
"What's happening Gabe?!" I say.
"You know how you play those zombie games.." He said trailing off.
But was cut off by my dad dragging us outside and we hopped on his motorcycle.
It could fit at least 2 people but I could fit since I was skinny.
I see my dad driving the motorcycle fast through what was left of our neighborhood. I then saw something that made me weak to my knees.
I saw people bleeding and killing each other.
That was just the beginning though...