New School

Once again a new school due to a new job.  My mom keeps getting new jobs in different towns and countries.  I guess it’s understandable, her ex-husband better known as my “father” keeps finding out where we live.  I don’t understand why he is so weird about it as well because they got a divorce but HE was the one to file it.  I don’t have time to think about this I need to get to school before I’m late.  I need to get a car, due to my mom leaving for work early in the morning.  Although I enjoy walking it has me see something new every time for example new chaos or new people and animals.  There is this one place down the street that is always up for sale I love when people rent it although the next day it’s up for sale again.  Odd I wonder what’s wrong with the building, not my business. Gross I already see the categories; popular, the bad boys and girls, the misfits, the nerds, and the goody-two-shoes.  “Oh. a new student I see~” some girl wearing all pink in a crop top and skirt says as I push through them.  I forgot how much I hate school and the groups.  WHAT?! Great, my first class is chemistry.  I can’t wait. Whatever let’s just find the classroom.

Finally found this stupid class. Just in time too, the bell rings right as I find it. I enter the class and just like every other school I’m the first one there so I go sit in a seat with my name on a card.  I take out my notebook and sit there with my earbuds, listening to music.  Soon after other students or ‘classmates’ began entering and sitting in their seats. Soon enough the teacher walks in ‘Great’ I thought.  I’ll be honest I HATE the first day of school the entire introducing yourself thing yeah no.  I prefer people who don’t talk to me.  Why does anyone other than the teacher/school need to know my name? Whatever let’s get this over with. “Good morning class, So if you haven’t noticed we have a new student.  Would you mind coming up here and introducing yourself?” The teacher seems nice but that doesn’t change anything so I let out a sigh before standing up and standing in front of the class letting out one last sigh before saying “Hello… my name is Crystal.” I stop the teacher begins speaking “Why did you transfer?” I let out a sigh and laugh quietly “Moved because of my mom and causing issues at my last school.” then I go sit back in my seat leaving the teacher and class silent.  Finally, the second bell rang then the class and teacher snapped back into reality ‘Welcome back ****’ I can’t help but slightly chuckle at my thoughts.  The teacher begins to teach after giving me one last look.

Finally done with that hell, now it’s break time.  Just as I thought someone yelling my name and people whispering. “Crystal!” a girl with black hair and pink bangs yells to me running over as I stand there I mean I hate school and people but I won’t be rude on purpose. “Yes?” I asked “I’m Lucy! Could we be friends you seem lonely.” she said sounding pretty happy I mean they seem nice. If that counts for something “Sure why not.” I finally responded to her. “Amazing!” she seems excited. I realize that they have a pin so I read it and it’s a rainbow. What for though? “What’s your pin for?” I ask “Hmm? Oh! Just a school thing..” she sounds embarrassed she is also really bad at hiding things but whatever. Then the bell rings and off to the second period we go. Luckily she is in all of my classes so she brought me to them and during lunch, she showed me around the school.  People seemed scared of something, Was it me or her? What is her reputation here? “Hey, I’ve been meaning to ask… What kind of reputation do you hold here?” I finally spoke up “Oh I’m a freak but I stood up for myself and did some things.” She acts like it’s casual “Cool.” I say.  She must be a real ‘freak’ to not be with the misfits or any of the groups nor have any friends. Not my business. “Do you want to hang out?” I ask, if I’m being honest I kind of like her.  She’s nice and isn’t weird to me. “Sure but where?” she responds as we start walking due to school being over “Want to hang out at my place?” I suggest “Would your mom be ok with it?” She asks as I laugh nodding, leading the way.

Now entering my house my mom greets us and says “You made a friend it seems.” I nod and Lucy heads up to my room.  And for the rest of the day, we hung out; playing games, talking, and watching stuff. It was fun.

She comes over every day then after three weeks she bursts into my room it’s Sunday and I’ll be honest she scared me. “GUESS WHAT” she shouts “What?!” I say startled she giggles and lowers her voice, apologizing then saying “I heard that we’re getting a new student but not any normal student he’s famous!” I give her the ‘OK so?’ look she gives me an irritated look.  Whoever this is better stay out of my way I’m not dealing with any famous snob.