Five

While I was in the house sleeping, Lex went out to meet an old friend he hadn't seen in years. This reunion was strange for both of them, and the fact that they saw each other again, the fact that they remembered everything that happened was a little annoying for them.

Lex stood behind her for a few seconds, not knowing what to do or how to stare at her after so many years. He glanced back, thinking of turning and leaving, but she had already noticed him there.

"Thank you for your consideration about coming to see me." Cassandra spoke and glanced back, which made him have the courage to sit facing her.

"I don't have time for bullshit, and you know it." He said it seriously, pretending to know how to act in her presence.

"Just a pretty face, and everything we lived together is forgotten." She said it in pain.

"This isn't true. It's just a way of gaining power, you know that." His voice was emotionless, and the indifference was perfectly remarkable. "Tell me what you want."

"Alert you. Her boyfriend is here, looking for her." Cassandra adopted a serious tone of voice to speak at that moment, leaving the pain aside. Lex looked at her as if it had been a waste of time to go there to hear this warming. "He's a Willow, Lex..."

"And I'm a Graylow, the most powerful." He interrupted her. "Do you think a little boy like him can bother me?" Her eyes turned a fire red.

"Then don't say I didn't warn you." She spoke angrily. "This boy is a problem." Lex didn't care for what she said. "People are never a problem for you, are they?"

Lex chuckled and looked at her as he shook his head, knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"Do you really want to talk about it?" They stared at each other for a while. "If I remember correctly, it was you who ran to the mortal world."

Cassandra got angry and looked away, taking a deep breath.

"You have a better chance of protecting her, and with me, she'll learn about firepower, something you don't have." She tried to change the conversation's focus.

"I have water that puts out the fire." He spoke to tease her.

"Without fire our lives would be just darkness." Cassandra stood up. "If you'll excuse me, I have more to do."

Cassandra started to walk away from Lex, who remembered what they lived. He ordered a bowl of wine to accompany the memories.

***

Lex was sitting by the edge of a lake, trying to learn to control his powers. His parents had recently died, and with them, he lost some of his ability to manipulate water. As he persistently tried to make his power work, Cassandra was watching, interested in why that young boy's power was in trouble. She approached silently, watching the way he moved his hands and looked out at the water, expecting that it would follow his movements, but he made no progress. Frustrated, he cursed and hit the grass.

"The power is a part of you, it must flow naturally without pressure. It doesn't like to be restrained." Cassandra said making the young boy look at her.

"Why are you helping me?" He asked suspiciously, he was delighted with her beauty.

She smiled at him and giggled.

"I have a weakness for inexperienced boys, and I want to ensure my place in heaven." Cassandra smiled even more, which made him give a little smile.

"But we don't die." He spoke like she was stupid to think about it.