1: I'm Sorry

Summary: After Neteyam's death, Lo'ak is struggling to come to terms with the fact that it was his fault.

Third Person POV

The day Neteyam died, the world fell apart for Lo'ak. He'd killed his own brother by doing something stupid again. He hated being his father's impulsive child. He stared out at the sea from his marui and dangled his feet in the water.

He heard the feet before he felt the weight as his father sat beside him. "What's wrong, kiddo?" He asked softly. Lo'ak shrugged, not answering. "We're all missing Neteyam." He mumbled. Lo'ak scoffed, "Really? Because you are not the one who killed him, Dad."

"Hey, hey, hey. Who said you killed him?" Jake asked quickly. He placed a warm hand on Lo'ak's shoulder. "You didn't kill Neteyam. If he were here, he'd say the same thing. Look at me, son."

Lo'ak looked at his father, his strong, independent father, and was shocked to see tears. "Neteyam loved you. Okay? He wouldn't want you thinking like this. You know what he'd say?"

"He'd probably slap me and call me a skxawng." He and his father shared a laugh. After a moment, Lo'ak sighed. "You don't blame me? For Neteyam's—"

"Absolutely not." Neytiri's voice said, and his mother sat on his other side, brushing her fingers through Lo'ak's growing hair. It's already been a week since Neteyam's funeral, and his hair was getting longer, reaching to his waist now. Na'vi hair tends to grow fast.

Neytiri brushed her fingers along Lo'ak's scalp. "We still love you, ma Lo'ak. That will never change." She kissed his forehead, lips lingering, and Lo'ak couldn't help but cry.

His parents hugged him tightly, whispering reassurances. They hugged him tightly, and he felt safe. "I See You." His mother whispered.

"I See You," His father said.

"I See You," Lo'ak said, feeling protected.

Somewhere, he liked to think, Neyetam was saying the words and hugging him as well.