Bumps of life

Chapter 9

"I'm at a chapel."

This single statement raises so many questions for the high school devil. Especially the devil part of him. As a devil, he was vulnerable to anything associated with the Biblical God, such as praying, holy objects, and most importantly, churches. If he came into contact with these things, he would suffer negative consequences. So the fact that he was able to stand in the chapel without feeling any chill or sense of worry immediately put him on alert.

Saji started to look around. The chapel was a simple white building with a steeple and stained glass windows. It was decorated with white flowers and ribbons, and there was a long white aisle leading to the altar. The classic wedding song "Here Comes the Bride" was playing softly in the background. Saji was wearing a black tuxedo and tie, and he felt a sense of excitement and anticipation because this was the first wedding he had been to.

Not that he knows what's going on and why he was there.

"No sight of the lucky couple," looking around expecting to see the bride and groom "It's only me here on the altar."

"...."

"N-nnoo..."

As Saji spins more frantically, panic starts to take over his thoughts. He looks up to see his fellow peerage members, who are now evidently also present and dressed in their finest clothes, and they look very elegant. They all look at him with different emotions: amusement, intrigue, surprise, and other feelings.

"I can't believe the dumbass did it."

"Sensei's proud of you!"

Tsubasa mutters while Tomoe cheers. And for some reason, Reya was patting Ruruko on the back.

"What's up with the dumbstruck face?"

Saji turns to the voice of Tsubaki.

"Did you really forget out of shock?" Her eyes narrow, taking the train of thought seriously, which leads to a sigh: "It's your wedding day."

"Beh?"

"Mine!? Is it my wedding!? Then that means-"

Saji became astonished at this sudden and shocking situation. But does that also lead to the question of the bride?

The doors swung wide open, revealing in front of them a woman with a beautiful gown, head veiled, along with Momo as he stared shellshocked. He feels a wave of embarrassment wash over him, and he quickly tries to compose himself. He takes a deep breath and straightens his tie, hoping that no one has noticed his earlier panic. All this felt like dream come true, something that could only happen in the highest fantasy-

"I can't believe he's getting married earlier than me."

"Don't be like that, dear; he just found the one before you."

A taller, leaner version of himself. The things that made him stand out in comparison were his ponytail, wrinkles, and stubble on his chin. However, his most distinguishing feature was his tried but well-meaning smile, which Saji had inherited.

The other was much shorter than her companion but could be clearly seen as an adult with brown hair tied in a loose braid and placed along her shoulder. Almost everything about her would be a stereotypical Japanese person in comparison to her husband, who slightly comes across as a foreigner. All except for those red eyes that seem to give her a unique air.

But that doesn't matter because there was one true thing about them that is true for Genshirou.

"Mom... Dad..."