1. Apex Academy - K

My Oh My - Camilla Cabello, DaBaby

How dare he have so much attitude when he's in the wrong? Doesn't he know that my one word could get him kicked out of the school? Although I knew I'd never actually use it against him, it was nice to think that I had the upper hand.

Huffing in annoyance, I tried to push the thoughts of him to the back of my mind as I walked towards the dormitories. I picked up my luggage first and then the code before walking out of the school.

The dormitories didn't disappoint either. From outside, it was a long white hallway with black doors. The doors had the room numbers written in white on it and a padlock.

I pulled up the code I had gotten for my dorm room and unlocked dorm room nr. 79. Although it was elegant yet, plain from the outside— from the inside - it was quite luxurious. 

As I entered, I saw something that could be considered a small living room, with a leathered sofa, a small wooden table, and an attached black TV.

I took off my shoes right next to the door, where there was a small stand for shoes, and looked around in the room.

Without a door, the next room was a small kitchen that had a stove, a fridge along with a freezer, and a dining area.

It's quite impressive for dorm room.

On the right side were two doors, apparently two bedrooms. I opened both of them to see which one was more to my liking.

They both had the same bed, same shelves, closet and a white desk – but I preferred the one on the left as it also had a window.

I sat down on the floor along with my luggage and started unpacking.

Unwillingly enough, the thoughts of one particular blond occupied my mind– how his blue eyes shone in mischief and the way he frowned when I teased him back.

What are you thinking, Karthik? You're here for studying, not getting involved with such disturbance.

I shoved the thoughts of him once again to the back of my mind and continued to put my clothes and other things on their place.

Once I was done, I took a look around my room and smiled in proudness.

Right next to my bed, where there was a nightstand, I had placed some books to read before I slept.

Above the nightstand were a few white coloured shelves where I had placed more books with some deco-rational flowers.

I had placed a painting of a rose I had painted right-above my bed and some notebooks on the white desk That was all– I didn't want it to be overly decorated, just a few simple things to make it comfortable enough. 

Sighing, I collapsed on my bed to take a rest. The images of the blue eyes once again were in front of me, making me frown.

"Hello?" Someone knocked on the door. I was met with a pair of unfamiliar eyes as I opened the door. Before me stood a boy, eyeing me from head to toe. "Yes?" I asked, guessing he is my roommate. His eyes finally met mine as he stared. 

"Did you want something?" I asked. I knew I should've been nicer as he was my roommate for three years, but did I care? No.

 "What? Oh, no. I just wanted to say hi." He seemed to have been taken aback. "Hello." I said, a smile on my face. He laughed and I couldn't help but notice how cute dimples appeared on his cheeks. 

"I'm David, call me Dave." He stretched his hand out for me to shake. "Karthik." I greeted back. "Nice meeting you, Karthik. See you around." He smiled before turning around and entering the bedroom next to mine.