12

Onika Maraj | Pov
Houston Texas
October 7, 2023

continuation

"Mother I have nothing for you, so you and your crackhead ass son can leave." I said to my so-called "mother" They did this all the time. Pop up, ask for money, leave for months, and then the cycle continues. However, I'm tired of this game that they play with me and my money. I've worked tirelessly to get what I have, and to give it away to two crackheads is not on my agenda.

"Nicki please, I know you have it."

"Not to give it to you."

As Jay sat on my couch he was quiet and breathing slowly, it pained me that he was in such pain. He was my shadow growing up, and now his own Mother got him hooked on any drug they could find. "Nicki, I'm not leaving until you give it to us."

Chuckling she stared me into my eyes, she really thinks I'm gonna let her sit in my home. Delulu at its finest.

"Carol, please don't make me beat your ass to the white meat," I said before walking upstairs to my bedroom. Once I grabbed my phone, I turned around to go back downstairs to them. Calling my father, he was the only one that could handle both of them.

"Carol sit down lady, you look a mess."

"Stop talking to my momma like that" Jalen spoke with white stuff coming from the side of his mouth. Laughing all I could was pace as my cell phone rang. I couldn't believe I had to deal with this.

"Jalen shut yo dumb ass up before I call Ashton. You already put your hands on me."

Since my father didn't pick up, I called again and he picked up immediately. "Tanya, wassup babygirl."

"Your wife and ugly ass son are at my house again, come get them before I kill him," I replied before he chuckled and reassured me that he was on his way.

Hanging up, I just watched both of them shaking my head. Baffled wasn't even the word to explain what I felt at this very moment. It pained me that my family turned to drugs. My mother used to be gorgeous, she was an older me. Now I don't see anything but the white substance they put in their nose.

"Nicki, you got some food? I'm so hungry," Jalen said standing up from my furniture. Sighing how could I let them starve? Actually.. easily.

"No, sit your ass down and wait for Daddy,"

After standing for another fifteen, my father finally walked through my door with the biggest smile. He walked up to me and wrapped his arm around my neck, pulling me into a side hug. How could he stay so calm with Bobby & Whitney in my living room scratching at their sores? "Hi my beautiful creation," he said before placing a kiss on top of my head.

"Hey Daddy, please get them out of my house." He nodded and quickly released me from his grip. Folding my arms together, I watched as he went over to my couch and yanked my brother up from his sitting position.

"I done told yall ass about coming over here," he said so calmly as he had my brother in one hand & my mother in the other. Talk about a Superman. As he dragged them out, the smile on my face couldn't be brighter.

Following them out, I laughed at the scene Ja caused. My mother seemed used to it, and once he got them in the car he turned to me and smiled. "I love you my Tanya," he said with his thick Trinidadian accent bursting throughout his speech. I waved and blew kisses to my Superman.

"I love you too." I said because going back inside my home and locking the door. Part of me wanted to help my mother and brother, but they were so far gone that where would I even start? I can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.