Part 1 - Dos Culichis, Two Texans and Oдна Pусская

"He is an enemy of the state! The same state that you have moved to illegally and where you have prospered and gotten rich!" Finch's tone had changed slightly.

James looked like he was about to intervene, and so Teresa glanced furtively at him. Then she lowered her eyes and said: "With all due respect, the state cannot expect a criminal organization to do its work. And I have put two and two together to know you didn't leave me to expand...or protect my growth. "At this she cast another furtive look at James: "...but my team is not prepared to take on a Russian gangster - diplomat!"

Finch chuckled: "You're resourceful, Teresa. All members of your teams are!" he pointed to James with his chin.

"It takes a lot to impress me...when I make a compliment, believe me, it comes from the heart...it's quite amazing how dos Culichis, two Texans and одна русская...can topple the greatest gangster only if they put their minds together!" It seemed to Teresa that Finch actually smiled at her.

"What does that mean?" James interjected.

Finch did laugh this time: "It means 'and one Russian woman"...As a CIA operative I had to know a rare language....if you had stuck with me, you could have transferred to the Agency soon and be on your way to learn Arabic or Russian, or Mandarin...but you're here, my dear friend, and as such I suggest you use your impressive skills and...fighting spirits...That's why I bet on you two."

James only wrinkled his forehead more at Finch's words, while Teresa cocked her head: "Hmm...your pawn Castel told me the exact same thing...that she betted on me!"

"She is an extremely smart woman... It's my privilege to work with her, and I feel great respect for her...as much as I feel for you." Finch said.

"So, we are supposed to take this blackmail as a complement?" James's voice was flat.

"It is! I will assist with whatever you need...intelligence, tactical, documentation and transportation...I am loyal to this mission and to you! Are we in agreement?" Finch responded as if he had not noticed the jab in James's remark.

James looked at Teresa's stern face, her hair pulled tight in a low bun, her make up almost nonexistent, her white outfit making her pale and serious. Finch understood the gesture that the final word was Teresa's.

"My two other associates are out of the game because the war your had Boaz declare on us...ahh...unsettled one of them." Teresa saw the change creep over Finch's face.

"If Kelly Anne got scared and ran off to a hide in a motel again...you bring her back...or at least bring back her firepower of a man because you may end up infiltrating an embassy and you'll need all the firepower you can get! I mean it!" Finch sounded a little upset as he added after a second looking at James: "Should I have passes for the Embassy prepared?"

"Not yet!" James hardly moved his lips: "We need to see what Oksana can do for us first!"

===

"It's a suicide mission, James! I'm not letting you go in there. You'll be dead before you know it!" Teresa's eyes flashed with anger.

"Like I said Kostya moves only with heavy security from his condo to the basement of the Embassy to his fortified tearoom in Brooklyn. Not many opportunities to gun him down." James felt no excitement about infiltrating an Embassy, but Oksana had said many times that Kostantin Federev was not meeting anyone personally.

"I have to insist he meets with me. I will shoot him then and you must get me out after that!" Teresa was staring at the wall behind James as she said it and he almost felt like waving at her to make eye contact.

"Oh, yeah? How long do you think you'll live in this scenario?" James countered.

"You'll get me out!" she repeated.