Evil canyon

"No ones ever told you about evil leafy?"

I shot firey a look. "Well not only do i find that slightly offensive out of context, but, i guess it would kinda feel weird to bring up around, ya know, me."

"Yeah that makes sense." He shrugged as he dragged me along a rickety bridge that was placed haphazardly on evil canyon. We balanced across it as he started telling the story. 

"So back in BFDIA, after you ran away, evil leafy showed up.  I dont think anyone knew what they wanted, or why. Just that they were going to kill us." He walked slowly, maybe it was the story, maybe it was his fear of hights. 

"Firey thats absurd." I said, "even if its not me per say, why would a version of me try to kill you? Even if it did manifest from my anger at everyone-" he gripped my hand tighter, yeah, it was our altitude.

"Well you did throw knifes at people that one time in bfdia." I shrugged. "Good point."

"It was on this canyon and that forest where we chased you untill evil leafy showed up. Then we went back because, ya know, no one wants to get killed by that thing." Firey moved more slowly now, the bridge sway back and forth. I realized how badly this rope bridge had to have been built. 

Suddenly, it felt like it was falling under me, wait, it was litteraly falling under me-

Firey and i tried to run to the other side, still tied securely to the ground. When i got there i turned to see Firey reaching out for me, about to fall. I ran up to him and grabbed his hand before the last of it fell. 

His palms were sweaty as he hung over the cliff. Both of our breatheing was heavy. I looked at him, if i pulled him up now, i could be burnt, but firey would be alive. I took a deep breath.

I pulled him up and he brushed my leg. I pushed him aside as i held back shouting in pain. Firey looked at it. "Oh my shit...." he whispered, i took the first aid kit from my backpack and firey helped me treat the burn. He finished a bandage and helped me up.

"I think we need to stay here for the night so you can heal." He suggested as i picked my bag back up. "No, its ok. Really." He shrugged, "the forest is huge, at this hour and with your hurt leg, we would be walking through the woods in the dark. We might as well stay here and get through the whole thing tomorrow."

I thought for a moment, he had a point. "Fine. We'll stay." He smiles slightly. "Thanks leafy. I'll get stuff, you stay here." I nodded and waved him goodbye. I turned back to our things and started packing.