Prologue: A Chance Encounter

.・。.・゜✭・.

THE gentle hum of a rainy evening settled over Yokohama as the city's bustling streets began to quiet down. It was just another ordinary night in the port city, but for one particular cafe, tonight held the promise of something different.

Tucked away on a dimly lit street corner, Café d'Étoile was known for its cozy ambiance, perfect for those seeking solace from the rain. Amidst the soft murmur of hushed conversations and the faint clinking of porcelain, one man sat alone at a corner table. His dark, disheveled hair and melancholic expression made him stand out from the other patrons.

This man was Osamu Dazai, a mysterious figure known for his enigmatic aura and his unsettling fascination with death. He was a frequent visitor to the cafe, always choosing the same corner table by the window. He'd sit there for hours, lost in his own thoughts, occasionally scribbling something in his notebook with a faint, enigmatic smile on his lips. His presence had an air of melancholy, a magnetic pull that intrigued and unnerved in equal measure.

It was on this particular night that the winds of destiny began to stir. You, a young man with a passion for literature and an unassuming smile, had recently started working at Café d'Étoile. Your eyes caught the enigmatic man sitting by the window, and you couldn't help but be drawn to him. Perhaps it was his air of mystery or the way he carried himself with a strange, intoxicating charisma that defied explanation.

With a tray of freshly brewed coffee, you approached Dazai's table. "Excuse me, sir. Here's your coffee," you said politely, your voice soft and warm, like a comforting embrace against the chill of the rain outside.

Dazai looked up from his notebook, and his eyes, a deep and mesmerizing shade of gray, met yours. "Ah, thank you, my dear," he replied, his voice like a gentle sigh. His gaze lingered on you for a moment longer than necessary, and it sent an unexpected shiver down your spine.

As the rain continued to patter against the windowpane, a silent connection formed between you and the mysterious man. Little did you know that this chance encounter would mark the beginning of a slow burn, a tantalizing journey into the depths of Dazai's enigmatic world. In the days to come, your life would become inexorably entwined with his, leading to an inevitable question: Could you, an ordinary cafe worker, find yourself falling for a man who seemed to be chasing death itself?

.・。.・゜✭・.