REUNION OF HEARTS

After a month of follow-up checkups. Toby's wound has already healed and he is now ready to undergo orthodontic consultation.

With Daphne's expertise Daphne opted for an orthodontic appliance to align Toby's dentition to prevent it from Class II malocclusion.

Daphne also educated Mrs. Asuncion for proper home care for Toby's treatment.

Mrs. Asuncion is very cooperative of Toby's follow-up check ups and orthodontic adjustments.

Toby's prognosis is excellent by the cooperation of his mom and guidance of the dental team.

Her phone rung. It's Dev.

"Hi Daph, how are you?"

"I'm fine. What are you up to?"

"Nothing just want to check if you're doing well. I heard Vianne and John has been helping you out lately. Is there anything I can help?" Dev said.

"So far, there haven't been any patient inquiring about endodontic treatments. I'll call you if there is"Daphne said.

"Yeah sure anytime"

Dev paused.

"You still there?" Daphne asked.

"Yeah uhmm, actally we were planning to visit you again"

"We? Who do you mean we?"

"Well, its John, Vianne, Katrin, Kalix and me"

"Why? I mean, is there any occasion?"

"Hmmmm I guess, a reunion for all of us after so many years?" Dev said excitedly.

The idea thrills Daphne. She must prepare for this.

They plan the reunion to be held next week.

While waiting for the days to come. Daphne continues her usual daily routine in her clinic. Whenever there are special cases she refers the patient to specialists who are her friends. Some of them would travel to her clinic and when it's not possible, she uses teledentistry to maximize their time. Daphne would also do the same with her friends, whenever they need help with orthodontic consultation.

The day has finally come for their reunion. They met in a good restaurant the same restaurant where Dev and Daphne bonded. They reunited and their time has filled with hugs and catching up, remisniscing their time college days and making an update of their life right now. John, Kalix and Vianne are currently teaching as professors and clinicial instructors in different universities. Katrin also have her own dental clinic. Dev have been in and out of the country to attend conferences and he also owns a dental clinic.

Daphne can't help but get proud of their accomplishment in the dental field. With this people, she spent a good time in dental school despite of the hardships they went through.

"Hey guys, I have a good idea" Kalix announced.

"What is it Kalix?" Vianne replied.

"Why don't we collaborate together with our specialties?" Kalix said enthusiastically.

Everyone agreed. They all have been collaborating with each other ever since, but they want to make it to the next level. They value the imporatance of interdisiplinary approach in dentistry. Kalix and John will handle the Oral surgery, Vianne in Prosthodontics, Katrin in Periodontics, Dev in Endodontics and Daphne for Orthodontics.

With a collaboration like this, any dental practice would be successful in a long-run and ensures patient-centered care.

"I can't believe we're all here together!" Dev approached Daphne.

"Yeah, it is s surreal that we've grown so much together. From being timid students and now being professionals collaborating with our assigned specialties! Right?" Daphne exclaimed.

"And I can't wait to seeing you around more often, for work maybe?" Dev said.

Daphne giggled understanding what Dev meant.

Daphne is optimistic about the future she'll have with her friends, specially Dev.