About Ava

Ava is a 13-year-old girl who has moved to Derry from Devon England. She suffers from depression, insomnia, severe anxiety, mood swings and sensory issues/overload. She's not exactly the brightest bulb but who would be if they have all the things she does. (sorry if you do ;) ) She has trust issues and sometimes loses motivation to do anything, sometimes including getting out of bed, eating, drinking or taking care of your overall hygiene. Back in Devon, once she got so sad that she tried to jump. Luckily, she was caught by one of the workers before she could. The sensory thing sometimes makes it hard to eat and people mistake that as being picky.

Definitions-

Depression-
Depression is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act.

Insomnia
Insomnia is defined as difficulty either falling or staying asleep that is accompanied by daytime impairments. Nighttime insomnia symptoms can include trouble sleeping and early waking. Daytime insomnia symptoms may include fatigue, impaired memory, and irritability.

Anxiety
Anxiety is a feeling of unease, such as worry or fear, that can be mild or severe. Anxiety is what we feel when we are worried, tense or afraid – particularly about things that are about to happen, or which we think could happen in the future.

Mood swings
A mood swing is an extreme or sudden change of mood. Such changes can play a positive part in promoting problem solving and in producing flexible forward planning, or be disruptive.

Sensory overload
Sensory overload occurs when the brain struggles to interpret, prioritize, or otherwise process sensory inputs. It then communicates to the body that it is time to escape these sensory inputs. This message causes feelings of discomfort and panic.

Sensory issues
Sensory issues are problems related to processing information from the senses, like sight and sound. Kids with sensory issues often get overwhelmed by things like light and noise and might act out or cause/be a disruption.

A/N
Thank you for reading the intro to my fucked up book. Have a lovely day 💕

Words- 356