Chapter 3 - Now or Never

Ebony and PRX were sitting together at an open field of grass, flowers surrounding the two as they watched a sunset. "Did you ever get to see the beautiful sunset when you were younger?" Ebony asked PRX, which made her take a glance at Ebony. She thought of it, and scratched her head.

"I mean, not usually. I didn't ever get to see a sunset this beautiful besides when I'm with Kleeq." She spoke honestly, admitting that she has never seen a sunset this beautiful, either when she is with Kleeq. Ebony seemed shocked that PRX hasn't seen a beautiful sunset.

"Really?" Ebony repeated, tilting her head to see if PRX was being literal. PRX then nodded, and looked over to the setting sun again. Ebony looked away, feeling a little bit of shame that PRX hasn't seen a good view of a sun like this most of the time, because Ebony would always watch the sun set.

"You know what?" Ebony spoke to PRX, as she then stood up. PRX was confused, which made her look up at Ebony. "One day, I promise I'll give you the best view of a sunset!" She promised, confidently saying that sentence. PRX giggled, which gave her a smile. Ebony smiled to this, seeing her happy like this.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ever since the corruption, PRX seemed to always stay inside. She only was able to be inside the house with Azure. If she attempted to take a glance outside of the window, she's terrified if there would be a corruptive monster lurking, and she does not want to see that. She was currently just sitting on the couch, staring into the nothingness.

That is until a knock on the door could be heard from the outside. PRX was startled, and at this point, she was a bit too afraid to know who or what was outside. She slowly walked over to the door, before opening it a little bit to peek outside. To her surprise, it was Ebony. "PRX!" Ebony exclaimed, before she dashed into the house.

PRX yelped, as she heard Ebony close and lock the door. PRX didn't have time to process it, but Ebony instantly hugged PRX. "Oh my god, I missed you! Where have you been!?" Ebony spoke with relief in her voice, as PRX's heartbeat was rapidly pumping because she was startled.

"E-Ebony!" PRX spoke, before a smile slowly but surely appeared on her face. She hugged her back soon enough, as she giggled. "I was just here the entire time! I wasn't so brave to see what was outside.."

Ebony frowned to the response, patting her back gently. She felt bad because she didn't want to look outside. The world out there is not fully corrupted yet, there's only a few monstrous figures roaming their area.

"Has anything happened to you?" She asked PRX, as the two walked towards the couch inside of the house, sitting down as PRX followed. "Not much, the entire time when the corruption happened, I locked myself in my room." PRX responded to her, scratching her head while she felt ashamed.

Ebony felt her concern grow as she then started to get the information of PRX locking herself in her room. She was that terrified of taking a glimpse outside, and she wondered why. "PRX.." She spoke softly, looking at her as she had a face of full concern.

PRX sighed, looking away from Ebony as she fidgeted her thumbs out of anxiousness. She did not want to worry Ebony much, because she knew that Ebony would always try to care for her as much as possible, and that involved getting worried for her.

Ebony put an arm around PRX, which made her finally take a glimpse of Ebony. She looked a little bit worried, which made her a little bit more anxious. "You cant just isolate yourself." Ebony spoke softly to her.

PRX sighed, now looking into Ebony's eyes. "I'm just so afraid, Ebony.." PRX spoke in a small voice, seeming as scared and anxious as she is. Ebony's concern grew stronger, watching PRX's emotions take over.