chapter 1

.

.

I walk on the side with my headphones in. walk past the shops, the big houses and parents with there kids. I walk on the side alone with myself and the sound of the music. As I pass the old woman selling Khao niao mamuang (sticky rice with mango). She has white strands in her hair and very small but noticable wrinkles. Her clothes seem to have lost their color and her shoes seem to have been worn more then a 'few' times. She greets me with a hello and I do the same. As I walk past her I see the many stands selling something. I stop at a chicken shop. To be more accurate my uncle's chicken shop. As I get closer the old restaurant I see Saleng drive away on the motorcycle. He's been working for my uncle for a few years now. He has a a girlfriend who doesn't work to far from us her name is
Praew. All I can see is his back as he drives away. I walk inside one of the entrances to the shop. There I spot my uncle Jim , he has brown hair stylish hair and light tan skin. But there next to him is someone I have never seen before?. Who the heck is that clearly working not eating here. He has my Uncle smiling and shia. "Welcome back MiLing" I raise an eyebrow as I get closer to him.

"Ah LiMing this is Wen, Wen this is my nephew LiMing" the man I mean Wen looks my way and smiles " Hello LiMing" .. "hello.." I responded. "Wen will be helping me with the restaurant when your not around" something about these two is suspicious but I don't need my uncle get mad at me for absolutely no reason. I nod my head and put my things down as the older two continue what they were doing. Just as I was about to walk to the back my uncle stops me mid way. "Oh wait LiMing can you do something for me?" I look over at him and answer "sure what is it". He grabs a bag on the counter and passes it to me. "Ms Jintana needs me to deliver this to her house but I'm a little busy so can you take it?"

"Sure" if I were to say no I would get the biggest talking to ever. I grab the bag and start walking out the shop but not without looking back. There they are smiling at each other. I turn back and walk towards the house. I walk on the sidewalk and look around. You can see the difference between the rich and the poor. I hate it so much life can be so unfair. As I get to the front of the house I knock a couple times and then yell out "your food is here" but no answer. Ugh why order something and not wait for it. I go inside so I can place there food down and go back home. As I walk inside I see a boy turned to his side. I don't know what he's doing so I just repeat "your chicken's here" but no answer so I walk around the table and tap his shudder and he drops the glass on the ground. I look at the ground then at his eyes and he looks at me upset. And seems to be doing some signs in the air. "It's not my fault!" I respond but he doesn't answer , I don't want to deal with this kid. So I leave the chicken on the counter and leave.

I should have never left. And now I'm on my way with my uncle to talk about the broken glass bottle. Because 'it's my fault' and by the looks of my uncle he actually believes this shia.

.

.

.