Chapter 5: Ruins and Those who only Fight!

"Get up! We don't have daylight to burn!" Lae'zel basically screamed out into the camp.

You were already perfectly awake, as the morning sun basically was only just on the horizon, and you heard the shifting of some and the groaning of others. You breathed out slowly as you stood back up and cracked your neck, while putting on your boots.

"You can say that again." Astarion replied, with a much more joyful mood despite the lack of that joy last night.

Shadowheart was quick to put on her armor as she was still watching Lae'zel boss almost everyone around, putting her authority over everyone else. She walked over to the smaller Gith as she sneered at her.

"I'll still be watching you, Gith. I can't put all my trust towards you yet." Shadowheart slithered out those words.

"You have a sharp tongue, Elf. Would that your mind be able to shape up to your bitter language." Lae'zel also sneered.

"Half-Elf. I guess the small details are lost on creatures like you." She retorted.

Comedic sparks were drawn between them as they were both staring down at each other. You sighed at them as Gale walked up to you with his staff in his hand and reading through a large book, before shifting his attention to Shadowheart and Lae'zel.

"What a marvelous group we have made here, just hope those two don't rip each other's heads off." Gale said.

"I just worry about what's going to happen with us in the later stages of this tadpole. It's not really been heard of shaking off a Mind Flayer parasite." You said back to Gale.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean we can't be the first. Getting this thing out of our head should always be our first priority, which means we are going to have to do whatever we can to get there. Whether that be the Githyanki Creche, or some very powerful healer."

"I'm glad that you understand Gale... I also hope that we can get there." You responded.

"We got this..." Gale said, with a short look away. You weren't sure that he was worried or troubled by anything, but you decided to let it go.

"Let's get going, I'm already getting tired of those two looking at each other like that, no matter how entertaining it could get." Astarion said whilst looking at Shadowheart Lae'zel. They both seemed to notice the talking as they huffed at each other and Shadowheart went back to walking with you, as everyone packed up their stuff and began the journey back.

An hour or so of walking came and passed as everyone began to feel just a bit more comfortable within the group. It was a bit odd for you to start leading everyone as they began to walk together, but you didn't mind being the frontal watch over everything.

"Can't wait for this all to be over, get back to everything normal" Shadowheart almost said to herself, but just loud enough to be heard by you.

"Oh, I guess that's true, I could explore this place so much more after this thing has been removed from my head. Where would you go, Shadowheart?"

"I guess I will go home...Baldur's Gate. I have something and someone important waiting for me there." There was hesitance in her voice as you weren't sure how much you wanted to push the information any farther, so you decided not to.

"Seems a little personal, so you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." You said with an ounce of sympathy in your voice.

*Shadowheart Approves*

"Thank you, and yes it's a bit personal." She answered. You would feel a little better if you didn't push it.

"Maybe we could learn a bit about each other, you know, you never know how long we might be with each other, might as well get to know what we can." You asked.