𝟘. 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘.

31 August 1977

Bags? Packed. Goodbyes? Nonexistent. Feeling? ...Antsy.

I know my family moved us to the UK for a reason, but it isn't a good one. I've known this since I was fourteen, when a group of masked wizards and witches held me down and tattooed a massive python wrapped around my right arm. 

"To show your loyalty to the Dark Lord," they'd said. I remember being so scared, tears rolling down my cheeks. It was the middle of the night. I saw my parents shoot daggers at me with their eyes, and I could only nod. They would have slit my throat if I hadn't.

Ilvermorny had been good to me, despite my family's name tainting my existence. Blood. Y/N Cassiopeia Blood. I cannot believe this is the life I got stuck with. My surname is a joke, and all I can do about it is prepare myself for the barrage of stares and whispers I'm going to get at my new school. 

My parents never went into detail about their work, but I know who they serve. Him. Lord Voldemort. I saw him, once, in the flesh. He was strange-looking, and I was so young that I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not. My parents were hosting a ball for the American pureblood families, and there he was. Ash-white skin, sunken eyes, and two slits where his nose should have been. He was... reptilian, almost. Inhuman. I always feel chills down my spine when I think of how he looked at me. It was just pure evil. It was as if he split his soul in two. 

But fuck all that noise. I'm ready for a new beginning. Although my name is tainted with the blood (haha, get it?) of murder and torture and darkness, I'm not. And I'm going to prove it to anyone at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry who thinks otherwise.