𝟙𝟜. ''𝕚 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒 𝕔𝕣𝕦𝕤𝕙 𝕠𝕟 𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕦𝕤.''

3RD POV

14 october 1977

The day after Y/N's harrowing escape from death, the Gryffindor's had a serious talk.

"Do you think McGonagall will agree?"

"Will Slughorn?"

"Will Dumbledore?"

"It doesn't matter. She cannot stay down there anymore."

"Well, yeah, obviously. I saw red when she told us what they'd done to her..."

"If all of those cuts scar over, she'll be matching with Remus."

Everyone's eyes turned to Sirius. He threw up his hands. "I'm just saying!"

Remus sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. They had to find a way to convince everyone that Y/N needed to stay in the Gryffindor dorms. It would probably be pretty easy, considering last night's events, but they still weren't sure if anyone would actually say yes.

"I don't think we should all go," Lily said. "Just a few of us will do."

It was Remus' turn to have all eyes on him. "Well, I assumed one of them would be me."

Marlene spoke up. "Me and Lily can go, too. We'll speak for all the girls when we say it's okay for her to move in with us."

"Not just okay, but necessary," Mary chimed in.

A collective nod shot around the room. Lily lead the way, Marlene and Remus close behind her as she whispered "Lemon drop," to the entrance to Dumbledore's office. They walked up a spiral flight of stairs, and were greeted by the man himself at the top.

"I was expecting you all," he said, sitting at his desk, back turned.

"Yes, Professor. We need to talk about Y/N," Lily said.

Dumbledore swiveled his chair to face them. "Indeed we do. What do you suggest we do regarding this delicate situation?"

"Expel the tossers who did this to her, firstly," Marlene said, deadpan. Lily and Remus nodded.

Dumbledore stroked his very long beard. "I believe that is already in order. Is there anything else?"

Remus cleared his throat. "Well, sir, I thought-- we all thought-- that it would be better, safer, if Y/N were to stay in the Gryffindor tower. The Slytherins have a vendetta against her for being a blood-traitor. Even if Mulciber and Snape and everyone are expelled, who's to say someone else won't take their place?"

Lily was glad Remus had come along. He was well-spoken, and handled the situation with enough urgency to make Dumbledore take action.

"I will arrange a meeting with Minerva and Horace, and get back to you as soon as possible on the outcome. In the meantime, all of you can take the day off. Y/N is in the infirmary still, but once she's out, she may stay in the Gryffindor common room until a decision is made. Understand?"

"Yes, sir, thank you so much," Lily said, relieved. The three friends made their way down the stairs once more. At the bottom, Lily broke off from the others. 

"I'm going to go check up on her, see if she's awake."

"I went in this morning, she was sleeping, thankfully," Remus said. 

"Alright, Gingy. See you 'round," Marlene said with a smile, before her and Remus made their way back to the common room. 

"Gingy..." Lily muttered, turning to go to the infirmary.

When she arrived, Y/N and Pomfrey were the only ones there. Y/N was awake, reading a book that Remus had left for her earlier that morning. Lily took a seat beside her.